Tips for TTC-ers
I gave birth to my first child, just over 2 years ago. It was a very emotional time being pregnant, but I'm certain it was more emotional TTC.
I've gone through a few hard times while TTC and I really wanted to share, in the hope that it would help at least one person with their journey.
My list of tips-
1. RELAX! Easier said than done, but your body works at it's best when you can relax
2. Focus on your relationship with your DH/FI/? Your child will be with you for nearly 20 years of their life if your lucky and 40 if your unlucky :P But your partner will always be there with you. Make sure you're dealing with any problems you have now, because they will only seem bigger when your tired, stressed and bub wont stop crying.
3. Treat yourself well. It's great if you go to the gym everyday and are a size 2 or 4 or whatever, but your body does need a certain fat ratio for your menstrual cycle to be working properly, so if your a 'skinny minny', take it easy :)
4. Learn to eat well now. Your body will be in much better shape to fall pregnant if your diet isn't full of fat and sugar, and if you eat well, your kids will learn to eat well too.
5. Please wait until you're 'late' before testing. I was heartbroken, so many times because I tested early only to be slapped in the face again when my period started a few days later. You may be different but I handle one 'negative' better than two.
6. Have faith. You may not fall pregnant straight away, it may take months, years, IVF treatments, maybe even adoption. But one way or another you will be a mum, and a good one :)
7. Believe in yourself. Every woman will make a great mother if that's what she wants to be.
8. MC-ing. It's a very sad thing. I fell pregnant on my first cycle off 'The Pill' and MC. It was devastating. In this situation you need to realise, it's ok to be upset, it's perfectly normal, it's also ok to be angry. Talk to people you know you can trust. Even though you may not have given birth to this child, it is still a 'death' and it needs to be dealt with in the same way through grieving. NEVER feel guilty, everything happens for a reason.
I really hope this helps at least one woman on her TTC journey
All my love and best wishes for your futures