UPDATE: our situation....
DH and I discussed our bidding war situation and basically decided to leave our bid as is. If someone over bids us, then it is what it is... We have no other option but to walk away and keep on keepin' on. We refuse to be house poor! That is just not an option.
buuut, everything happens for a reason, right?
We are a back up offer for a home we previously looked at prior to the one mentioned above. Well, it's back on the market, we went Sunday to speak with the agent and owners, had our appraiser come out and asses the property, our offer is in, it is now with the sellers to sign and now waiting for HUD. Let's see if they accept.
p.s. DH WANTS THIS MORE THAN THE PROBLEM HOME! Major plus on that since I make majority of the decisions. lol (only because he is such an easy going kinda guy. yay for that!)
It's a bitter sweet moment for us.