Venue choice? What should I do?
Ok so Sunday I'm going to go look at a venue we looked at previously with my folks and FI's mom. This place did not wow me with appearances but their wedding planner was amazing and they'd basically customize the menu, and do set up take down at no cost to us. Plus they offered vases and candle votives and things like that if we bought flowers in bulk and stuff to cut cost.
The cons is that its on a golf course which I didn't want. The pros however are the awesome catered to us service and the fact that we stay in our home town which means I can have my church wedding in an actual church instead of the other option which was our first choice, is an hour away meaning my pastor would come to us and its a beautiful local. But they have a specific menu and have been really lousy about getting back to me. I've been waiting for a month and a half now. Price wise they are about the same. Neither offers anything extra like the cake or Dj or anything like that. But this second choice is offering us more in the drink department (which I could honestly care less about but FI's parents are insisting we can't have a dry wedding.)
What would you do? I'd like to finally set a date and move on with my plans but can't if I keep waiting on my first choice. First choice would mean things like appointing someone to go up a few hours prior to set up and such things like that. I'm a little torn. I know I shouldn't settle but there are other factors that are making choice number two much more appealing to me.
Posted on August 7, 2013 at 7:10 pm