Hi ladies! My wedding is in September 2014 and I'm still stuck on finding a venue!! I know I have a while, but how late is too late?
Hi daniroth and Welcome to PW!!! I believe that as a general rule, brides like to book the wedding venue as far as 1 year in advance. I have seen many brides book theirs as close as 6 months prior to their date. It would depend upon where you are wanting to have it and what type of wedding you are wanting to have.
Hope that helps!!!
Hello and welcome to Project Wedding! So sorry I was not on here the day you posted! You have plenty of time to book your venue for your September 2014 wedding, but you may want to start looking now so you have an idea of what you want. I live in Michigan and most places wouldn't let me book over a year. I booked my reception venue 9 months before time and the ceremony four months before because my original venue fell through.
If you have any more questions or need anymore help, please do not hesitate to ask. Happy Planning!
My experience has been the sooner the better. By the time we booked our venue it was 9 months to the date we "got" and there weren't many dates left/available. With that being said we were looking for a weekend date other than that the particular day didnt matter to us.
Depends on how much in demand the venue you had in mind is. And of course, the time of the year. Some times are more of wedding months than others, and its much more difficult to get a venue then.
Well, September is still a way off, but at least, by now, you should have an idea of what you want in a venue. Outdoor or indoor? Also, how many guests are you expecting? And what about your ceremony venue, you will need to consider reception venue close to the ceremony venue. All these factor in a choice of a reception venue.
Some venues will book as far as 18 months in advance. After you decide what type of wedding you want then you will then be able to narrow down what type of venue you want. You can call them and ask but some dates are more popular than others as you probably know. I would say make some calls and decide from there. Also some will lock in current prices if you book now and then if their prices go up you won't have to worry about it because your rate will be locked in