WOLFMAURE's DIY bridal handle instructions...
(sorry pics are low quality)
My handle for my DIY bridal bouquet was made from a 2" PVC tube about 6.5" tall.
1) cut material into a 23"X23" square.
2) using sewing chalk, divide sections into 8ths
3) place PVC tube onto the centre, also mark sections on top rim of tube
4) using double-sided tape, place a strip of tape along the side of the tube matching the lines drawn.
(pictured 1/2 completed strips)
5) starting at opposite sides, (and rotating), pull up material and adhere to tape. Continue until all sides are taped.
6) holding upside down, you should look like this...
7) fold over one section at a time in a clockwise direction, giving a pleated look. (like folding an umbrella). Place another strip of 2-sided tape under each fold and secure. Continue until all sections are done.
8) cut excess material leaving about 1 1/2" to work with. Line inside of tubing with 2-sided tape and fold in material to give a finished look.
9) insert flowers and Voila!
With my colours and theme I wanted to add a little more sheer/shinny material. So I also decided to wrap the handle with ribbon before inserting my DIY flowers.