REPOST: 16 Ways He Blew His Marriage
Nikki posted this on the MF, but I wanted to repost it here in our Project Wedding Group. :-)
I thought this was a great read, I wanted to share. When asked to offer advice to his sister for a happy marraige, the author, divorced twice, couldn't. Instead he offered “keep your marriage from ending” advice and the things he would do differently.
Here are the cliffnotes, but I suggest clicking the link to read the details!
1. DON’T STOP HOLDING HER HAND
2. DON’T STOP TRYING TO BE ATTRACTIVE.
3. DON’T ALWAYS POINT OUT HER WEAKNESSES.
4. DON’T STOP COOKING FOR HER.
5. DON’T YELL AT YOUR SPOUSE.
6. DON’T CALL NAMES.
7. DON’T BE STINGY WITH YOUR MONEY.
8. DON’T ARGUE IN FRONT OF THE KIDS.
9. DON’T ENCOURAGE EACH OTHER TO SKIP WORKING OUT.
10. DON’T POOP WITH THE BATHROOM DOOR OPEN.
11. DON’T STOP KISSING HER.
12. DON’T STOP HAVING FUN TOGETHER.
13. DON’T PRESSURE EACH OTHER.
14. DON’T LABEL EACH OTHER WITH NEGATIVE LABELS.
15. DON’T SKIP OUT ON THINGS THAT ARE IMPORTANT TO HER.
16. DON’T EMOTIONALLY DISTANCE YOURSELF AFTER A FIGHT.