Need advice or reassurance.
So I need a little bit of advice from you ladies or at least some reassurance that am making a good decision... I will try to make it short:
I am in a job that I HATE. Like... not-normal-hate... As in, I come home crying most days because I am not stimulated AT ALL & my boss is bipolar (extreme highs & lows). I have been doing the same thing for 11 years, in my same exact role for 6 of those years (same company, same office, same boss, mostly the same staff). The reason I stay, is job security & that the money that I get for what I do is amazing. Also the flexibility is unmatched! A few months ago when the Mr. & I were not TTC yet, I was at a breaking point with my work, so I applied to a position with my husbands company that was going to be significantly less pay. I almost got the offer for the position but at the last minute an internal employee was qualified & received the offer over me. I was so disappointed. But at that time my hubby & I decided that I should not continue to look fordifferent work, and that perhaps it was a sign that we should start our family! Yay, TTC full effect!
Fast forward to yesterday afternoon. I got a call from his HR dept with an offer! It would be for the same position, same pay that I would have been offered before, BUT now it would only be a 6 month contract without a promise to hire after the contract is done (however most temps get hired). No medical benefits offered during that time and no holiday/vacation time either. I would actually be filling in for a girl going on maternity leave (funny right?). So we would put off TTC until at least after the 6months contract is up to see if I would be hired full time... You would think the decision would be easy to stay with my current company. BUT, the company that he works for is a powerhouse company. It has the "google" atmosphere & the company culture is fun, healthy & just an awesome place to work all around. Plus it would get me out of the industry that I loath so much.
Dilemma is - Do I tough it out at my job that I hate SO much to have the ability to save a TON of money for a baby in hopes that I get pregnant in the next few months. In addition to getting the medical benefits for me and a baby AND the maternity leave pay when I give birth knowing that I would not return to work and would become a stay at home mom? OR do I take a chance and work for less pay & be happy at an awesome company NOW, but have no guaruntee of hire after the 6 month contract is up, TTC on hold and no benefits?
My husband is on the fence as much as I am. One minute he will say BE HAPPY NOW and work with his company, then the next minute he will say TOUGH IT OUT & LETS HAVE A BABY and save money.
I guess I am looking for advice and/or reassurance that I would be making a SMART choice in staying with my current employer with that 'light at the end of the tunnel' having a baby verses happiness now...