10 Minute Spinach Alfredo sauce!!
Okay, so I couldn't find an alfredo sauce I liked at the store here and alll the recipes I looked up were different. It seemed like the ratio of cream to cheese is the biggest discrepancy which leads me to believe that it's really up to you! So I made up a recipe last night and I LOVED IT. (Uggh. It really speaks to my cheesy-carb-lover which might be why I've gained so much weight.LOL)
10 Minute Spinach Alfredo Sauce
2 cups finely grated Parmesan cheese (must be FRESH. No Kraft. ;) )
1 stick (55g) butter (no subsitutes)
1 T minced garlic
1 T olive oil
1.5 cups heavy cream
1 bag baby spinach leaves
- Grate your parmesan using a very fine grater. It should look like powder.
- Roast your garlic in your olive oil in a 2 quart saucepan over medium heat.
- Melt your butter into your garlic oil.
- Add heavy cream to butter mixture. Whisk until well mixed.
- Add grated cheese.
- Simmer for 2 minutes or so.
- Add spinach.
- Simmer until spinach is soft.
- Pour over favorite pasta!!
- you can replace the baby spinach with any kind of spinach you like. It was just what we had on hand. ;)
- If you don't like spinach, leave it out! You may find the sauce too runny without it, so just reduce the cream to 1 cup for a thicker sauce or add more cheese.
- Rather than mincing your own garlic, buy a jar of minced garlic. Saves time. ;)
- Because the cheese was so expensive, we'll be saving this dish for when we entertain from now on. It was $20 for the cheese! ugh!