Smarter Fettuccine Alfredo Recipe
I found this online and made it Monday night and it was delicious. Great to know that I don't have to die every time I crave alfredo sauce.
what you need
- 1/2 lb. Fettuccine, uncooked
- 1-1/4 cups Fat-free reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 4 tsp. Flour
- 1/3 cup PHILADELPHIA 1/3 Less Fat than Cream Cheese
- 3 Tbsp. Grated Parmesan Cheese, divided
- 1/4 tsp. Ground nutmeg
- 1/8 tsp. Pepper
- 2 Tbsp. chopped fresh parsley
COOK pasta as directed on package.
MEANWHILE, beat broth and flour in medium saucepan with whisk until well blended. Add reduced-fat cream cheese, 2 Tbsp. Parmesan, nutmeg and pepper; cook 2 min. or until mixture comes to boil and thickens, stirring constantly.
DRAIN pasta; place in large bowl. Add sauce; toss to coat. Sprinkle with remaining Parmesan and parsley.
It didn't taste like diet alfredo. I added garlic and grilled chicken to really round out the meal.
- nutritional information per serving Calories 300 Total fat 6 g Saturated fat 3.5 g