Spinach Stuffed Shells
I am literally in love with this recipe site... I made these last night, and followed the recipe almost exactly, except I added a can of Rotel to my sauce and a few more spices to flavor it! They were amazing, Drew and Kylie inhaled them!!
Servings: 10-11 • Serving size: 3 stuffed shells • Time: 1 hour • Points: 6.6 ww points
- 12 oz Jumbo Shells (I used Barilla)
- 1/2 white onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 1 lb 99% lean ground turkey (I used extra lean ground beef because we didn't have turkey)
- 32 oz crushed tomatoes
- 1 tbsp basil
- salt and pepper
- 2 cups part skim ricotta cheese
- 2 cups 2% milk reduced fat mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 1 egg
- 10 oz package frozen spinach, thawed and drained
- 1/4 cup Parmesan Reggiano
Boil water and cook shells according to package directions, make sure to make them al dente.
Meanwhile, saute onions and garlic in oil. Add turkey and salt and brown until cooked, breaking up in small pieces. Add tomatoes, salt, pepper and basil, then simmer on low, covered.
Preheat oven to 375°.
In a large bowl, mix together ricotta, egg, spinach, mozzarella, and parmesan.
Once shells are cooked and cool, fill shells with the cheese mixture and place in baking dish with a little sauce in the bottom. Cover shells with half of the sauce, cover with foil and bake 40 minutes, uncover foil and bake 5 more minutes.