Supe Duper Easy CHILI
This chili is made with turkey or chicken, and took me about 30 minutes last night (including the 20 minutes of simmering). It tasted so good, you'd never know about the shortcuts (like salsa, instead of chopping green peppers). FI LOVED it :)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 pound ground turkey or chicken (leanest you can find)
- Chili seasoning to taste (McCormick is a good one)
- 1 jar salsa (any kind)
- 1 16 oz can tomatoes diced
- 1 16 oz can kidney beans
- 2 cups water
- 10 oz bag frozen corn
- Salt to taste
- Cheddar cheese (garnish)
- Minced onions (garnish)
- Corn chips
- In a large pot, heat olive oil and brown the ground meat.
- Add salsa and chili seasoning.
- Over medium-high heat, stir for a minute or two cooking the salsa a little (it should bubble).
- Add can tomatoes, kidney beans, water, frozen corn and salt. Add more chili powder if desired. Heat on high until it comes to a boil, then lower the heat to medium and simmer for about 20 minutes.
- Serve with topped with cheddar cheese and minced onion.
- Eat with the corn chips on the side.
Posted on January 5, 2011 at 6:26 am