tweak to mini cheesecakes!
mini cheesecake recipe
- 1/3 cup graham cracker crumbs
- 1 tbs margarine, melted
- 1/4 cup & 1 tbp white sugar
- 1 (8 ounce) package of cream cheese (softened)
- 1 1/2 tps lemon juice
- 1/4 tps vanilla extract
- 1 egg
- Preheat oven to 325 and grease a 6 cup muffin pan
- In a medium bowl, mix together the graham cracker crumbs, tbs of sugar,and margarine with a fork until combined.
- Measure a rounded tablespoon of the mixture into the bottom of each muffin cup, pressing firmly.
- Bake in pre-heated oven for 5 mins, then remove to cool but keep the oven on.
- Beat together the cream cheese, 1/4 cup sugar, lemon juice, adn vanilla until fluffy.
- Add egg.
- Pour the cream cheese mixture into the muffin cups, filling each 3/4 full.
- Bake at 325 for 25 mins.
- Cool completely in pan before removing. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
- Of course you can add any fruit/chocolate topping you'd like.
- The first time I made it the crust part was too dry, and was almost crumbling off of the cake. So this time I added a little extra butter to the crust mixture. Not much, maybe a teaspoon. But the crust turned out MUCH better.
- I also experimented with getting them out of the muffin trays without crumbling them. The solution I found: after they are completely cool, run a knife between the edge of the cake and the pan-just slide the knife in and go all the way around, to make sure the sides aren't sticking to the pan. then, with a butter-knife in each hand, stick the knives down about 1/3 the way down into opposite 'sides' of the cake and gently pull up. (forks work too, but leave more marks on the side of the cakes)
I hope this will help if any of you plan to try these = ) I wanted to take a pic to show, but I can't find my camera battery charger = (
Posted on August 24, 2009 at 3:04 am