1. Decide on the size of your runner. Make sure to measure the width, length, and height of your table so you can determine how big it should be. Be sure to factor in the desired length of over hang and 1/2" on all sides for the hem.
2. Buy fabric. If you size your runner right, it may be possible to cut two runners from one piece of cloth by cutting vertically down the middle.
3. Buy no-sew hemming tape. You will need an iron to use this tape.
4. Lay out fabric on large table or floor. Make a cut vertically down the middle if you are making two runners from one piece of fabric by folding it lengthwise and cutting on the fold.
Optional additional step: If you want to be sure your ends don't unravel and leave strands, use pinking shears to finish the entire perimeter before hemming the runner.
5. Hem each runner by folding the hem over and around the hemming tape, covering it with an iron for a few seconds. Be sure to keep the fabric taught as you do this to prevent wrinkles on the hem.
6. Continue until all ends are finished. Go through and cut off loose strands if there are any. Iron out any wrinkles in the fabric.