Inspired by www.lalalaurie.com
If you’re looking to save a fortune on expensive centerpieces, this is just the project for you. Not crafty? No problem! Anyone can do this project!
· 6 x 10 Cylinder Vase: $11.99
· 4.5” Vase: $2.99
· IKEA drinking glasses: $1.99 (use 1 from set of 6)
· Naturals Potpourri Bag: $4.19 (1/2 bag)
· 36” Dragon Vine: $2.99
· Sphagnum Moss: $4.49
· Crochet floss/thread: $1.60
· Pillar Candle Set: $7.99 (2 large and one medium from set of 8)
· Black River Rocks: $3.98 (1/8 of bag)
· Round Crystal Beading: $2.50 each
· Greenery clippings: (from bush outside)
· Flowers of choice
All materials were purchased at Michael’s with the exception of glasses are from IKEA and flowers/greenery from the yard.
Quick Tip: Instead of potpourri shapes, use a bag of nuts in the shell for a rustic, edible touch. Walnuts, Brazil nuts and Almonds work best. (And taste good too!)
Step 1: Wrap small vase and glass in moss, using crochet thread to wrap and secure around the cylinder. Trim the moss on top and bottom of glass with scissors.
Step 2: Fill the large glass cylinder with rocks (approx. 2 inches to cover the bottom). Bury the dragon vine in the rocks and finish with remaining moss.
Step 3: Fill remaining moss-covered cylinders with greenery, flowers, nuts or small potpourri pieces.
Step 4: Remove spiral wood pieces from vine to wrap around extra greenery for napkin embellishment.
Step 5: Add crystals to branch pieces, as desired by using hot glue or wrapping/weaving around stick pieces.