If you're planning a beach-themed wedding, you may want to forego the florist and try this easy DIY project instead.
What You'll Need:
· 6 x 10 Cylinder Vase $11.99
· 4.5” Vase $2.99
· White Linen Potpourri Bag $4.19 (1/2 bag)
· Blue Green Sea Grass $4.19
· Curly White Willow $5.99 (1/8 of bunch)
· Jute 3-Ply Twine $4.99 (approx. 8 inches of twine per setting, for glass and napkin)
· Pillar Candle Set $7.99
· Black River Rock $3.98 (1/8 of bag)
· Decorative Sand $1.79 (1/2 bag)
· Optional (instead of sand) Ivory Ribbon $5.99 (1/5 of roll)
According to these numbers, one centerpiece would cost approximately $50. However, because not all materials were used, it’s a little less. You can make this project even less costly by buying the vases at a thrift store.
All materials were purchased at Michael’s with the exception of the Black River Rock, which was purchased at Lowe’s.
Quick Tip: Pour out the potpourri onto flat surface a day or two before the wedding. The scent will mellow considerably, making it more suitable for dining. Or better yet, go with an unscented mix.
Step 1: Fill large glass cylinder with river rocks, the smaller vase with the potpourri (look for those pieces that resemble shells and seaside finds).
Step 2: Fill the large glass cylinder with sea grass. Bury the ends in the rocks.
Step 3 and 4: After placing candles and filled cylinders in desired positions, pour sand around objects.
Pouring sand after placements allows you to use less sand and ensures a flat surface for candles and vases.
Step 5: Wrap twine around napkin, securing a large potpourri piece to the napkin.
Step 6: Glue or tie twine around glass stem.
Step 7: Set your beautiful table!