On your wedding day, there will be reunions with family members, reminiscing with friends, and lots of fun mixed with tears of joy. No matter what kind of ceremony you have chosen, the connection with loved ones will be felt by all and should be expressed in ways that are meaningful to you. And though you may want to forego some of the traditional hoopla (like the Chicken Dance!) one of the most cherished and touching moments of all remains the bride’s dance with her father.
Here’s our list of the Top 10 Father-Daughter Dance songs, which includes a mix of storytelling, remembering days gone by, and upbeat celebrations of love.
1. Times of Your Life by Paul Anka. This traditional tear-jerker from 1975 takes a wispy look at how quickly life passes -- a song that pretty much says it all.
2. My Little Girl by Tim McGraw. This country hit is a father’s reassurance of love to his daughter whom he remembers fondly as a child while sending her off into the world.
3. Because You Loved Me by Celine Dion. This song released as her first single in the U.S. in 1996 is a very dramatic “thank you” to someone who has given unconditional love.
4. You Raise Me Up by Josh Groban. This inspirational, almost choir-like song is an ode to someone who has been of great love and support.
5. Have I Told You Lately by Van Morrison. This lovely, sweet song from 1989 reminds us to take a moment to express appreciation to those whom we love and cherish.
6. Father and Daughter by Paul Simon from The Thornberrys Soundtrack. This father’s promise to his daughter has a light and easy melody but still allows a little girl to rock comfortably in her father’s arms.
7. Isn’t She Lovely? by Stevie Wonder. This is an upbeat, happy tune expressing a father’s delight over his new gift of life.
8. Memories by Elvis Presley. You can’t help but reminisce while listening to this beautiful song as first sung by “the king” in his ’68 Comeback Special.
9. I Hope You Dance by Lee Ann Womack. This sweet song expresses a wish to a child to feel the wonder of life, to take chances, and never give up.
10. In My Life by The Beatles. This song released in 1965 with its well-done lyrics and nice melody touches the hearts of many and makes it a classic.