Plenty of pine cones(any size, I used mini's here)
Embellishments(I did little white roses)
Stryrofoam ball, the green floral foam type
Spray adheasive and laquer
1. "Sanitize" your pine cones if found in the woods(I refuse to pay for pine cones...) by baking them in the oven at 200 degrees for about 30 minutes, or until they open up, on a foil lined baking sheet. Warning, will cause the kitchen to smell like dirt for a few hours!
2. Cut toothpicks in half. Hot glue the cut side of the pick to the base of the pine cone. Repeat a ton of times...
3. Stab the picks into the ball, no glue needed.
4. Add any embellishments. I secured the ribbon to the ball by using sewing pins with a little super glue on them. I used four of them and put them in at a sharp angle.
5. Spray with two coats of spray adheasive so everything stays together. After it has dried according to your instructions, do a layer of spray laquer to tone down the stickiness of the adheasive.
Notes: This is extremely fragile. Make some extra cones on a stick incase any pop off.
Calculate the length needed for the ribbon by measuring from the flower girls extended arm to the floor. You don't want it to hit the floor if she holds it at her side. Take into account the length of the green ball.