Recycle old votive candle holders by using them for small sweet vases. These tiny arrangements could be used for a bridal shower, wedding or reception. We filled ours with primroses, a popular bedding plant used in early spring. You can use any sort of small flower like violets, pansies, individual hydrangea blossoms, miniature daffodils, or muscari. We added labels to ours to use for place settings.
You will need:
6-8 stems per vase
1. To remove wax from votive holders, leave them in the freezer for several days.
2. Be sure and wash the vases completely to remove any excess wax and dry thoroughly.
3. Write the name of each guest on a label and affix it to the vase.
4. Fill each vase about half-way full of water.
5. Cut the stems short so the blossoms rest against the side of the vase but be sure the stems are long enough to drink water. We cut ours straight from the plant and let them sit in lukewarm water for a few hours before arranging.
6. Arrange the flowers the night before the event and keep them in a fridge, away from fruit if possible.
7. If you are traveling with the vases, be sure and pack them tightly!
The tiny arrangements could be used as place settings, favors or even centerpieces for a family style table. However you choose to display them, your guests will adore these sweet and flowery tokens of friendship!