These wedding favors are the gift that keeps on growing! They're easy to put together -- here's how to create your very own seedling kits:
What you'll need:
(1) Kraft box, Michaels, $1 each
(2) Moss, Michaels, ranging from $3 to $5 a bag
(3) Vellum, Michaels, $9.99 for 50 sheets
(4) Antique seam binding, flea market
(5) Soil pellets, seasonally found at Target, search online retailers for larger quanities
(6) 1" Diameter Terracotta Pot, approximately $1
(7) Forget-Me-Not seeds, $1 per packet
(8) Paper sacks, Michaels, about $3 per package of 25
(9) Miniature tags
(10) Embroidery floss, $.39 per skein
(11) Cover weight card stock, $.89 per sheet
Fill a miniature paper bag (8) with a soil pellet (5) and a sprinkling of seeds (7). Embellish as desired - here we used antique seam binding (4), a miniature tag (9) and embroidery floss (10). Simpler alternative: seal bag with a sticker or label.
Print a monogram, logo or thank-you message on a sheet of heavy card stock (11). The card stock should be long enough to wrap around the kraft paper box (1). Create a matchbox-style lid by folding the cardstock around the box. Use a bone folder to make creases sharp and professional, and glue ends together using a glue stick. Simpler alternative: use a box with attached lid and apply a decorative label or stamp.
Line box with sheet moss (2) and place miniature terracotta pot (6) and seed/soil packet inside. Print care and planting instructions on a sheet of vellum (3) and trim so it fits snugly within the box; replace lid.