Your guests will be delighted by these escort cards/fan favors, which are both practical and really pretty! You can create these in just 4 steps:
Supplies for each favor:
1. Two unfinished wooden circles -- You can find these in the wood crafting section of your local craft store. These are 1.25" in diameter and were purchased at Michael's; we opted to paint them with gold acrylic craft paint but you can also leave them unfinished.
2. Vellum -- 8 1/2" by 11" sheets
4. Sandalwood fan -- Many online sources sell sandalwood fans, they are usually priced between $1.00 and $1.50. If you live in a larger city your local Chinatown is also a great resource.
5. Ribbon (optional)
7. Double stick tape or regular tape
1. Before cutting the vellum, use a word processing program to print the names of guests centered and evenly spaced down the page. The page setup should be set to portrait (or vertical). If you plan to use the favors as escort cards be sure to print the table number of each guest right below their name. You should be able to fit 2 names per sheet. Print and cut sheet in half.
2. Fashion the vellum into a roll with the same diameter as the wooden disks. Using a tacky craft glue, glue one disk in place at one end of the roll as shown. During this process it might be helpful to use tape to tack the roll shut while you are gluing the edges. Later you can use a small amount of glue or double stick tape to seal the back seam shut.
3. Insert the fan - you can tie on a new ribbon if desired.
4. Glue second wooden disk to close the tube.