All planning and no fun can make a very miserable bride and groom! Take a break from the stress of wedding planning and make time for a date each week - just the two of you, with absolutely no mention of the word "wedding." A weekly date night is a good habit to keep after your married too, so get creative and add your own date night ideas to this list!
Wedding Planning in Disguise
I know I said no mention of the word "wedding" - but there are some fun dates that could be great inspiration without having to stress over planning and details:
- Visit a wine tasting or sample exotic beers at your local pub.
- Go through your music collections and make a CD together.
- Visit a nearby botanical garden - and admire blooms that match your colors.
- Take dance lessons together.
- Window shop at your favorite stores and dream about decorating your perfect home.
Fun and Relaxing Date Night Ideas
It's a good idea to take a break from wedding planning and remember the reason you're getting married - your fiancé! Try to enjoy something that will completely take your mind off the big day:
- Schedule a couple's massage.
- Visit the gym together and workout.
- Take a sunset walk around a lake.
- Do something neither of you have ever done - whether it's eating sushi or skydiving.
- Play basketball, paintball, golf, or some other sport together.
- Head to the arcade and challenge each other to video games instead.
- Make a time capsule for your 10th anniversary.
- Volunteer together - at your local animal shelter or soup kitchen, build a house with Habitat for Humanity, or help with a community project.
More Ideas for Date Night
After you're married, you shouldn't stop dating. Spending quality time together will help you and your new husband become even closer. It's equally important that the two of you take regular breaks from married life - work, paying bills, cleaning, and all the other joys - and just enjoy each other's company. Here are a few ideas to get you started:
- Share a champagne breakfast at sunrise. Toss a bottle of champagne, some fresh fruit, and a few muffins in a small cooler and head out to the closest spot with a good view of the morning sun. Don't forget a blanket!
- Visit a foreign country without leaving your community. Dine at a Mexican restaurant and head out for a night of salsa dancing; try Indian cuisine at a restaurant with live entertainment; have an authentic French meal followed by a trip to a museum or vineyard.
Date night ideas can be simple, like coffee and a walk around town, or more complex. Whatever you do together - have fun, relax, and enjoy being with the one you love. And make date night a weekly tradition, before and after the wedding.