I got a few messages about the diet I talked about in an earlier post, so I'm going to detail it here for the convenience of all the brides who need an emergency fix.
You should be doing at least 45 minutes of combined cardio/resistance training 6 days a week in addition to this diet in order to make the most of it. I honestly lost 20 lbs in 3 weeks (yes I did it a bit longer than 2 weeks...shh) and dropped a whole size the first time I did this diet, but keep in mind that I was already 15 lbs overweight so I had a LOT to lose. If you are within a healthy weight range, your metabolism is already pretty strong and you may only lose 3 or 5 lbs but you WILL lose weight. I promise!!
- This is an "Emergency Diet" that came with a work out program I signed up for.
- Do not use this diet as your means to lose weight for your wedding that's 5 months away.
- This is a 1-2 week plan that is designed to kick-start your metabolism and help you to lose weight FAST.
- This program will regulate your blood sugar levels, bring you to an adequate level of hydration and "clean up" your diet.
- The idea is to take you back to the way your body is designed to eat: the way we ate before we learned to process grains and farm our own food. In other words, if it didn't grow underground, on a tree, or have a pulse at some point DON'T EAT IT. (some low fat dairy products are okay as a source of protien)
- Un-ripened banana. (ripe bananas have a LOT of sugar)
- Raspberries, 1cup
- Blueberries, 3/4 cup
- Strawberries, slice, 1 cup
- Blackberries, 3/4 cup
- Boysenberries, 1 cup
- Lettuce (any except iceberg)
Salad Ingredient One
- Chopped green onions
Salad Ingredient Two
- Bell pepper
- Green beans
Leafy Green Vegetable
- Collard greens
- Bok choy
- Brussels Sprouts
- Chicken breast (skinless)
- Lean steak
- Lean lamb
- Pork tenderloin
- Egg whites, 6
- Beans/lentils/soybeans (cooked) 3/4 cup
- Plain non-fat yogurt, 1cup
- Soy burger (less than 5g fat per serve)
- Cottage cheese (nonfat), 1/2 cup
- Soy cheese, 3 slices
- Soy yogurt, 1 cup
- Ground flaxseed
- fish oil
- flaxseed oil
- olive or sanola oil
- Safflower, borage, flax, evening primrose, sunflower or hemp oil
- Peanut or almond butter, 1 T
- Sunflower, sesame, or pumpkin seeds 2 T
- Almonds, peanuts or walnuts, 2 T
- Olives, 16
- Avocado, 1/4
Daily Calorie Count
Approx. 1200 calories. (80g carbs, 120 g protein, 40g fat)
Have an 8-12 oz. glass of plain/flat water to hydrate you right when you wake up.
Approx. 325 calories (32g carbs, 23g protein, 10g fat)
- Smoothie, with 1 coop of protein powder, one serving of FRUIT, 1 T of FAT ONE, in either 4 oz of water or 4 oz of soy or skim milk. Mix in blender with a scoop of ice.
- 4oz of MEAT or MEAT SUBSTITUTE, grilled without oil.
- One serving of FRUIT
- 1 T of FAT ONE (even though it says grill w/out oil, I grill my meat in the T of oil for my fat ;) )
- 4 oz of soy or skim milk
(anytime after breakfast before your AM snack.)
- At least an 8oz glass of water with (optional) lime or lemon added.
(Eat AM snack 1-2 hours after breakfast)
Approx. 175 calories (12g carbs, 22g protein, 3.5g fat)
- Small protein shake
- 4oz of MEAT or MEAT SUBSTITUTE, grilled without oil
- 4oz of soy or skim milk
Pre-Lunch Water and Supplement
- At least 8oz glass of water with your Multi-Vitamin and Fiber.
(eat lunch 1-2 hours after AM Snack)
Approx 270 calories (14 grams carbs, 23 grams protien, 16 grams fat)
- 1 cup SALAD with 1/4 cup SALAD INGREDIENT ONE and 1 cup SALAD INGREDIENT TWO and 1T oil based salad dressing (no ranch, bleu cheese, etc)
At least 8 oz glass of water.
(1-2 hours after lunch)
Approx 200 calories (5g carbs, 25 g protein, 6 grams fat)
- Small protien shake: 1 scoop protien powder in 5 oz of soy or skim milk.
- 5 oz of MEAT or MEAT SUBSTITUTE, grilled without oil
- 5 oz of soy or skim milk
- 1/3 cup nuts or seed from your food list
Pre-dinner Water and Supplement
- At least one 8oz glass of water and your Fiber supplement.
(1-2 hours after PM Snack or earlier so you are done eating for the day within 3 hours of going to sleep!!!)
Approx 230 calories (14g of carbs, 23g protien, 9g of fat)
- 4 oz of MEAT or MEAT SUBSTITUTE, grilled without oil
- 2 cups LEAFY GREEN VEGETABLE (steamed)
- 2 oz mustard or fat free condiment (optional)
- One cup of herbal tea, with no caffeine. Lemon or orange wedges are okay. :)
Good luck ladies! Let us know how it goes. :)