Your wedding is a very special day full of sentimental moments and precious memories. Without a good collection of wedding photos, many of those memories will soon fade away. By supplying your photographer with a list of must take shots, you can be sure to capture the most important of those moments so you'll always remember.
Before the Ceremony
- Your wardrobe - the veil, wedding gown over a chair or hanging on bedpost, the garter, shoes beneath gown, etc.
- Bride and bridesmaids getting ready.
- Groom and groomsmen getting ready.
- Bride and maid of honor; bride and bridesmaids; bride and parents; etc.
- Groom and best man; groom and groomsmen; groom and parents; etc.
- Your mom zipping your dress, fastening your necklace, or adjusting your veil.
- The husband-to-be tying his tie.
- The bride or groom looking in the mirror or out the window.
- Guests arriving; bridal party arriving; you getting out of the car at the ceremony site.
- Guests taking their seats.
- Each member of the bridal party walking down the aisle.
- Your father giving you away.
- You and your fiancé at the altar.
- Everyone at the altar.
- The audience.
- Vow exchange; close-up of ring exchange; kiss; and other ceremony traditions.
- Shot of musicians.
- The processional and the exit.
- You and your new husband leaving the ceremony or in the car or limo.
These photos can be taken before the ceremony, but are usually taken right after while guests make their way to the reception.
- Full length shot of you.
- You and your new husband.
- Family photos - bride and groom with your parents, his parents, and all parents. Poses with siblings and grandparents.
- Bridal party photos - you and your groom with the bridesmaids, with the groomsmen, with the flower girl and ring bearer.
Must Take Reception Photos
- Inside and outside the venue; table arrangements, decorations, food displays, gift table, centerpieces, etc.
- The receiving line.
- Head table; parents table.
- Special dances.
- Shots of the DJ or band.
- Guests on the dance floor.
- The cake and the cake cutting.
- The bouquet toss and the lucky girl catching it.
- The garter toss.
- The getaway car and the departure.
Depending on your photography package, select the photos that are most important to you. There may be other shots that you consider a must as well. Keep in mind that each photo will require about 5 minutes and you'll want to allow enough time for the photographer to capture a few creative shots of his own!