More and more couples are choosing to have a Santa Rosa wedding. This vibrant city, located just north of San Francisco, is an ideal romantic getaway. If you are all about having your nuptials in Wine Country, read on for some helpful tips about making it official.
Santa Rosa wedding- General Requirements
* Marriage License: You can get a marriage license Monday- Friday between the hours of 8-4pm at the Sonoma County Clerk's Office.
They are located at: La Plaza West Building 2300 County Center Drive, Suite B-177 Santa Rosa, California 95403 707- 565-3800
* The bride and groom must both go together in person to the County Clerk's office in order to be issued a marriage license.
* The Clerk's Office prefers that you complete your marriage license application online to speed up the process.
* No blood tests are required in California.
* You must bring authentic photo identification as to your name and date of birth.
* The marriage license is good for 90 days.
* A public marriage license is $83.
* Your Santa Rosa wedding ceremony can be performed anywhere in California, but one witness is required.
* Marriage commissioners are available at the Sonoma County Clerk's Office to perform civil ceremonies Monday- Friday, by appointment only. Civil ceremonies at the County Clerk's Office are $56.00 each.
* Weather permitting, civil ceremonies can be performed outside or in a room at the County Clerk's office. If you would like to bring guests to your ceremony, that is fine.
* You must schedule an appointment for a civil ceremony at least 24 hours in advance.
If you need more info: please check out the website:
Santa Rosa wedding tips
* Visit the area ahead of time and scout out potential wedding venues. Don't forget to ask about special rates for wedding packages.
* Pick your favorite winery and the specific location for your nuptials. You have a variety of choices ranging from gazebos overlooking the vineyards to romantic indoor settings.
* Consider booking lodging at the winery for your wedding party and guests. Some wineries will allow you to have exclusive use of the property if you book all the rooms.
* Most locations have a wedding coordinator who can be very helpful in assisting you with all the details for your special day.
* Think about getting wedding favors that tie in with a winery theme. Some fun ideas: wine bottle toppers, wine glasses or even wine if you want to splurge!