Chicago bachelors, you have a wonderful, exciting and a plentiful-venues city to have you last ‘freedom party.' A lot of your fun will be planning with your buddies to discover the best place to let your hair down. The following are but a few of the hundreds of great spots to throw a bachelor party:
• Grand Victoria Casino, 250 S. Grove Avenue, Elgin, Ill.; Dockside casino which features 21 blackjack tables, five crap tables, three 3-card poker tables, and 4 roulette tables; this riverboat casino ; 1000 slot and video machines; four restaurants will please all of your group and occasional live entertainment is scheduled.
• Village Tap, 2055 W. Roscoe St.; be on your own or take advantage of one of many bar packages priced from $25 to $40 per person; this is one of Chicago's top beer gardens; 26 draft beers as well as wine and liquors; a variety of appetizer platters for 25-30 guests are available for $125; sandwiches, soups and salads are also on the menu; great place in summer or winter; the canopy is lowered and a fire is burning in the fireplace.
• Whiskey Blue, 172 W. Adams St.; located in the financial district, this is an upscale bar/lounge with an intimate yet exciting ambiance; banquettes covered in lush mohair and back lit with fiber optic lighting; relaxed atmosphere for conversation and sipping signature cosmopolitans and martinis; wines and dozens of whiskeys are displayed behind the black glass-topped bar; two other bars-one located in the atrium and one located in the lobby and known as The Living Room; you can relax on comfortable couches and low tables and enjoy the ambiance.
• The Yard, 3441 N. Sheffield Avenue; a simple, one-room bar with wood and exposed brick; several TVs are tuned to sporting events; you can rent a private cabana (refurbished old horse stables), accommodating about 12 guests so that your party will be private; bar offers 15 beers on tap and more than 40 by the bottle; parking is a problem when the Cubs are playing as you are a stone's throw from Wrigley Field.
• Rent a Limo or Party Service; take the groom and guests to a restaurant, bar, night spot or various places around the city; bachelor party packages are available and feature free entry to some of Chicago's hottest night spots such as PoleKatz, VIP or Scores; packages come with various stocked bars and you can stay out as late as 5:00 a.m. if you want; offer packages for 4 as low as $299.00 (no alcohol included). Call 866-425-0976 for information or booking.
• Sluggers World Class Sports Bar and Grill, 3540 N. Clark St.; this sports bar has it all - not only screens for viewing a variety of sporting events but you can try your skills at basketball, pitching machines, pool tables, hi ball, video games and darts; they also have live music and at the bar you can drink beer, wine or liquor; pub fare and appetizers are available; you can reserve a private room for parties.
• The Store, 2002 N. Halsted St.; if you like to stay out late, this is the place for you as closing is 4:00 a.m; TVs line the bars and a variety of beers are offered, as well as liquor and bottle service; you can enjoy karaoke, billiards and video games; private rooms for parties available.
Gentlemen, start your engines. You can't go wrong on these racetracks.