I saw a couple pictures of blinging up the bridal shoes with the initials of the bridal and groom, and I couldn't help myself from doing another DIY project! I wish I could have a little diversity, but our names are "Anna" and "Andre" so I'm stuck with "A" and "A." I suppose you could do your own initials or your new initials after you'll be married, but I wanted it to be the two of us :)
I saw the pics, but didn't know how it was done, so I came up with my own method and it worked beautifully!
First, I printed an "A" in a few of my favorite fonts to test out which one I'd like best. I cut them into little squares and decided on what I liked best...then I printed out different sizes of the chosen font to see what would be the best fit.
Next, I taped the square onto the shoe and used a safety pin to poke holes to trace the letter onto the rubber sole. Once I peeled the paper off, there was a faint outline of the letter (so I don't have to worry about a glue mistake doing it freehand).
Then, I traced a little part of the outline with clear nail polish (actually it was nail hardener so I don't know if that made a difference but its STRONG!). I took some tweezers and one by one put the little lilac rhinestones on along the nail polish. After it dried, you could no longer see the nail polish.
I decided not to do the little loopy thing at the end because I wanted to hang on to a few extra rhinestones just in case a couple fall out before the wedding (since I still have 5 months to go and a few more fittings). I like them the way they are, but still might finish that little loop at the end. If not, the pin pricks don't show up...only at a certain angle in the light.