Photo: Paige Winn Photo
1. Red Velvet - The perfect compromise if the bride likes vanilla, but the groom likes chocolate. Why? Because it's a good in-between option guests will love as long as you don't forget the cream cheese frosting!
2. Chocolate Devil's Food - Do you consider yourself a "chocoholic?" If so, go big or go home with chocolate devil's food cake layered with chocolate ganache, mocha mousse, or even fudge filling.
3. Lemon Cake - Since wedding season is at its busiest during the summer months of June through August, it's no wonder that a citrus-flavored cake is the most refreshing on guests' palettes. Adding fresh fruit like strawberries, raspberries, blueberries, or cherries are always a nice complement too.
4. Yellow Butter Cake - You can't go wrong with the most traditional of them all. This basic flavor is paired best with a light, cream filling.
5. Coconut Cake - Having a destination wedding? Instead of sippin' on tropical cocktails, give your guests an oh-so recognizable flavor textured onto each tier.
6. Champagne Cake - Ask your cake baker to add some bubbly to the batter instead of water to create a showstopping statement piece of wedding cake.
7. Spice Cake - A harvest pick (combined with apples and caramel, of course) is perfect for a fall wedding set inside a rustic venue like a barn, farm, or ranch.
8. Carrot Cake - If you're having a multitude of assorted cakes on your dessert display, opt for an unexpected flavor like this one.
9. Banana Walnut Cake - A brunch reception isn't complete without this wake-me-up favorite.
10. Funfetti Cake - Get whimsical with a non-frosted wedding cake that showcases sprinkles galore!