Photos By: Jordan Ferney
- Dowels (strong enough to place them in the grass)
- Fabric (we chose varying hues of yellow)
- Sewing Machine
- Elmers Glue
- Large Bowl
1. Cut out the shapes of flags that you want. The shorter flags work better than the longer lengths.
2. Fold a flap of fabric over on one side and sew a space big enough for the dowel to fit in.
3. Taking the large bowl, add about 2 cups of Elmer's Glue. Then mix in 1/3 cup water and stir until it is completely mixed in.
4. Dip Flag into the glue mixture (with dowel already inserted) until it is completely covered. Remove some of the excess glue with your hands but make sure it is still has a generous amount of glue covering the surface.
5. Hang the flags to dry by taping the dowels to the string. Make sure the string is level and is in a place that isn't windy. (Somewhere like a garage is best.) Line the area below the dripping flags with newspaper or scrap materials to prevent mess.
Flags should dry and harden within 12 hours and you'll have yourself some cute flags to decorate your event.
What a sweet photo op! Add festive details to your special day with these fun flag sculptures. They are made to be stiff so they stand out straight.
The best part is they are really affordable and can be made with a few simple tools around the house.
You could have a few lining a path or put them in the grass all over your outdoor reception.