Project and Photos by Brittni Mehlhoff
Greet your guests with something they'll always remember with these DIY ombre seashell escort cards. They are the perfect touch for a beach wedding or a subtle nod to the sea for any bride dreaming of a coastal reception.
The finished escort cards look beautiful and unique, but they're also very quick and easy to make.
Seashells (which can be found at a local craft store)
Paper Towel or Rag
Cotton Piping Filler Cord
1. Start by painting the bottom or top half of a seashell and let the paint sit for 15-30 seconds.
2. Next, gently wipe away the majority of the paint. This will leave you with an ombre painted look.
3. Once the paint is dry to the touch, which shouldn't be long since most of the paint was wiped away in step 2, write guests names and table numbers on each shell, with a metallic marker.
4. Then cut a piece of filler cord, roughly 5 inches long, and tie it in a knot in the center of the cord.
5. Attach these knotted cords to the seashells with glue for a nautical look.
Enjoy your beautiful escort cards!