Calling all crafty brides!! Project Wedding’s 2nd Annual DIY Wedding Challenge is Here!
Project Wedding’s DIY Wedding Challenge is a great way to tell the world how crafty you are! Share your best DIY project (or projects if you’re a DIY superstar) with us and you could win a First Prize gift card worth $500, 2nd Place gift card worth $300, or a 3rd place gift card worth $200.
All you have to do is create an article on Project Wedding with the information about your DIY project. Be sure to include as much detail as possible including the name of your project, the steps to create your project and at least one photograph of the finished product. Entries must be titled "DIY Wedding Challenge 2010" followed by the name of your DIY projects. All types of wedding-related DIY projects are welcome; we just ask that the project is your own work.
The contest begins on April 20th and ends on May 3rd; entries will only be considered during that time period. The winner will be chosen by the Project Wedding community from the top 10 finalists so be sure to show us your best crafty concoctions!
Contest rules are below. Good luck!
THIS CONTEST IS OFFERED ONLY TO LEGAL RESIDENTS OF THE UNITED STATES (EXCLUDING PUERTO RICO AND OTHER TERRITORIES AND POSSESSIONS OF THE UNITED STATES) WHO ARE LOCATED IN THE UNITED STATES (EXCLUDING PUERTO RICO AND OTHER TERRITORIES AND POSSESSIONS OF THE UNITED STATES) AT THE TIME OF ENTRY.
“Project Wedding's DIY Wedding Challenge 2010” Official Rules
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. VOID IN PUERTO RICO AND WHERE PROHIBITED.
1. Contest Period: The “Project Wedding's DIY Wedding Challenge” (the “Contest”) begins 12:00:01 a.m. Eastern Standard Time (EST) 4/20/2010 (“Start Date”) and ends 11:59:59 p.m. EST on 5/3/2010 (“End Date”) (the “Contest Period”).
2. Eligibility: Contest is offered only in the United States to legal residents of the 50 United States (and the District of Columbia) excluding Puerto Rico and other territories and possessions of the United States, who are at least 18 years old at time of entry. Employees, officers, directors and agents of eHarmony, Inc. (the “Sponsor”) and its respective parents, affiliated and subsidiary companies, advertising and promotional agencies, web masters and web suppliers and the immediate family (spouse, mother, father, sister, brother, ward, daughter or son) or members of the households of each (whether or not related) are not eligible.
3. Entry: Beginning on the Start Date, visit http://www.projectwedding.com and submit an Article explaining the steps it took to create the DIY project being submitted. Submission must include at least one (1) image of the final object. Sponsor is not responsible for malfunctions of electronic equipment, computer hardware or software, or any other technical problems related to submitting the Article. Articles become property of the Sponsor and will not be returned. Any attempt at entry except as above stated is void. Sponsor’s computer will be the official clock of the Contest.
4. Winner Selection: One (1) potential First Place Winner, one (1) potential Second Place Winner, and one (1) potential Third Place Winner will be selected on or about 5/14/10. Eligible entries will be judged by a panel of judges, determined by Sponsor, on or about 5/3/10 based on the following criteria: originality (20%), easy-to-follow instructions (30%), creativity (30%), finished product (20%). The judges will select ten (10) Articles to be voted on by registered users of Project Wedding for a period of one (1) week. Entries must be entrant’s own original work, must not infringe on any third-party rights and must be deemed suitable by Sponsor. Entries deemed lewd or offensive may be disqualified, in Sponsor’s sole discretion. Odds of winning will depend on the total number of eligible entries received during the Contest Period.
5. Prize: One (1) First Prize [$500 Gift Card]: Approximate Retail Value: $. One (1) Second Prize [$300 Gift Card]: Approximate Retail Value: $. One (1) Third Prize [$200 Gift Card]: Approximate Retail Value: $. Prizes are not transferable. No cash redemptions or prize substitutions are allowed, except at the Sponsor’s sole discretion. If the prize or any part thereof is unavailable for any reason, as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion, Sponsor reserves the right to substitute the prize with another prize of equal or greater value.
Sponsor reserves the right, at their sole discretion, to disqualify any individual they find to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Contest or the Sponsor’s web site(s) or any web site related to the Contest; to be acting in violation of the official rules; or to be acting in a non-sportsmanlike or disruptive manner, or with intent to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other person. Any use of robotic, macro, automatic, programmed or the like entry methods will void all such entries by such methods. In the event of a dispute as to entries submitted by multiple users having the same email account, the authorized subscriber of the email account used to enter the Contest at the actual time of registration will be deemed to be the entrant and must comply with these rules. Authorized account subscriber is deemed to be the natural person who is assigned an email address by an Internet access provider, on-line service provider or other organization, which is responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated with the submitted email address. Potential winner may be required to provide the Sponsor with proof that the potential winner is the authorized account holder of the email address associated with the potentially winning entry. Sponsor may prosecute any fraudulent activities to the full extent of the law. All federal, state and local laws and regulations apply.
7. Limitations of Liability: The Releasees are not responsible for any lost, late, illegible, misdirected, mutilated, incomplete, incorrect or inaccurate entries or entry information, whether caused by web site users or by any of the equipment, computer hardware or software or any other technical operation or programming associated with or utilized in the Contest, and the Releasees assume no responsibility for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, or delay in operation or transmission at the Sponsor’s web site(s) or any web site related to the Contest, or for communications line failure, or for theft or destruction, tampering, or unauthorized access to entries and/or entry information. If, for any reason, the Contest is not capable of running as planned by reason of infection by computer virus, bugs, worms, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, tampering, technical failures, or any other causes beyond the control of Sponsor which, in the sole opinion of Sponsor corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of this Contest, Sponsor reserves the right at its sole discretion to void suspect entries and/or to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Contest and select the winner from among all eligible entries received prior to such cancellation, termination or suspension. IN NO EVENT WILL THE RELEASEES BE RESPONSIBLE OR LIABLE FOR ANY DAMAGES OR LOSSES OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES ARISING OUT OF YOUR ACCESS TO AND USE OF THE INTERNET SITES www.projectwedding.com and www.eHarmony.com, OR THE DOWNLOADING FROM AND/OR PRINTING MATERIAL DOWNLOADED FROM SAID SITES.
8. Disputes/Choice of Law: Except where prohibited, entrants agree that (i): any and all disputes, claims, and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Contest, or any prize awarded, or the determination of the winner shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action; (ii) any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering this Contest but in no event attorney’s fees; and (iii) under no circumstances will entrant be permitted to obtain awards for and entrant hereby waives all rights to claim punitive, incidental and consequential damages and any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses, and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these official rules, or the rights and obligations of entrant and Releasees in connection with the Contest, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of California, U.S.A., without regard for conflicts of law doctrine, and all proceedings shall take place in that State.
9. Winner’s Name: For name of the winner, send a self-addressed, stamped envelope to the “Project Wedding's DIY Wedding Challenge” Winner’s Name Request, P.O. Box 60157, Pasadena, CA 91116. Winner lists will only be available until ninety (90) days after the End Date.
10. Removal From Future Contest Mailings: To have your name and email address removed from Sponsor’s future Contest mailings, please click the applicable unsubscribe link. As part of the entry process, you may opt in to receive messages from sponsoring parties other than Sponsor. You acknowledge that if you opt in to receive such messages, Sponsor will transfer your name and e-mail address to said sponsor. To have your name and email address removed from such other sponsors’ future mailings, please follow the procedure set forth in such sponsors’ communications.
Sponsor and administrator: eHarmony, Inc., P.O. Box 60157, Pasadena, CA 91116
© 2010 eHarmony, Inc. All rights reserved.