Copy, paste, and edit your article here. The text from the topic is reproduced below for your convenience:
What an awesome DIY project! Thanks Kristi for this great post.
The next time you finish off a jar of mayonnaise or pickles, don't throw away the jar. Instead, turn it into a pretty little flower vase. And as far as DIY projects go, they just don't get much easier than this one.
Project Cost: Approximately $6
1. Clean mayonnaise jar, or jar of similar size (either plastic or glass);
2. Decorative glass marbles in your choice of color(s). These are located in the craft store with flower arranging supplies. They are rounded on one side and flat on the other side, and available in a variety of colors. The vase pictured above is made with clear iridescent marbles.
Tools & Supplies:
1. Hot glue gun and glue sticks.
1. Remove the label from the jar and wash/dry thoroughly. If adhesive residue remains, use a product like Goo Gone to remove the residue.
2. Beginning at the bottom of the vase, glue the marbles to the jar, working your way to the top of the jar, until the entire jar is covered with marbles.
3. Fill with water, flowers, and enjoy!
1. Try to arrange the marbles as closely together as possible, but don't be concerned if there are gaps. This will naturally happen, but when the vase is finished, they won't be noticeable (especially with the clear marbles and light-colored marbles).
2. Looking for something to fill your vase? Don't miss the tutorial to make those gorgeous tissue paper carnations from Folding Trees (shown in the photo above).
1. Use this method to dress up a plain glass or plastic vase.
2. Use two colors of marbles to create an interesting variegated effect.