Go Magical! Create a beautiful and elegant touch to your wedding reception with peacock butterflies! This design is simple, only takes minutes to assemble and hang!
Design, Description, and Photos by Cassaundra
(makes 25 butterflies)
1 Mini Glue Gun (Michael's)
2 Mini Glue Sticks (Michael's)
100 peacock feathers (online websites sell these in bulk, .25 a feather!)
50 oval gems (Michael's)
1 spool of clear fishing line (Target)
- First, find a safe area to use the hot glue gun.
- Plug it in and wait 5-10 minutes.
- Trim down the peacock feathers to just below the eyelets.
- Oragnize feathers by size, into piles of four, along with two gems per pile.
- Cut the fishing line to length, according to your needs. (average is 48in)
- Take one gem, squeeze hot glue onto the back of the gem and immediatley press in one "wing" at a time.
- Once all the four wings are on, while the glue is still hot press on second gem to opposite side.
- Then, quickly take the fishing line and slide between gems (just enough to hold the string)
- Set aside on flat surface.
- Allow Butterfly to cool for at least two minutes before moving.
- And Voila!
More professional photos to come, after our wedding!
For Protection until the Event, carefully seran-wrap the butterflies in quantities of five. Place in safe area, so the wings don't get damaged!
Extra Touch: You can actually "curl" the wings on the butterfly, like you can with ribbon, by using sissors and running them over the wings!