DIY Wedding Challenge 2010: Cake Stand
Unsatisfied with cake stands in stores, we thought it would be fun to build our own!
Materials (we found them all at Jo-Ann):
- 2 16" styrofoam wreaths
- 14" diameter plastic cake platter
- 1 yard of satin
- 10 silk flower buds
- 2 yards of various lace trims (we used 2)
- Hot glue gun
- We glued the 2 styrofoam wreaths together (stacked)
- Set the cake platter on top
- Draped the satin over and pinned the excess underneath the bottom of the wreath
- Wrapped the lace around the upper edge and decoratively placed the flowers:
When we were done, we used our cat, Skuz, to weight-test it!