Martha Stewart sure knows how make some of us feel incompetent in the DIY world doesn't she!? Well fear no more craftiness-challenged brides! I have an idea that is as easy as pie and will surely blow your guests away! So if you're not going to do any DIY projects, then you have to do at least this one. The only skills you need you learned in Kindergarten which are cutting and glueing!! Give it a whirl!
1) Package of match boxes from the 99 cents store (Or Dollar Store). They look like this and usually cost about 15 boxes for a dollar.
2) Scissors (or a big guillotine paper cutter if you have one..just to cut perfectly).
3) Scrap book paper (I got mine from the dollar bin at Target for 75% off). About one sheet for every 30 little match boxes.
4) Sticky rinestone embelishments:
5) Your wedding monogram. Here's an example of one (courtesy of Pink Event Designs):
6) Glue! Any old glue! Or better yet, double sided tape! I got ours at Staples for like a buck!
Ready, set, get CRAFTY!
1) Begin by laying the match box on its side on the back of the scrap paper and with a pencil trace the size of the box. Then cut out the box outline and repeat many times! (Two per match box).
2) Next, grab your tape or glue, and glue each outline to the side of the box. Kind of like this lady (from Pamela's Gallery) did on an oversized match box here:
3) Next cut out your little monogram and glue or tape to one side of your match box.
4) Next peel off a little rhinestone and affix to wherever you want on your match box.
AND VOILA! YOU ARE FINISHED!!