Create inspiration boards, share ideas with your friends and wedding vendors, get feedback from brides like you, and lots more!
Denver Wedding Florist:
What type of wedding florist do you need? Is it a full-service floral company that can coordinate rentals, integrate lighting, and design all of your flowers? Maybe you're just looking for unique bouquets and boutonnieres for your big day? A creative and unique designer that can turn your venue into an exotic garden may be what you need. Whatever you're looking for in a wedding florist, Denver has a terrific selection of floral companies that do just what you desire.
Favorite Denver wedding florists:
Delilah's of Denver (http://www.flowersofdenver.com/) is a full-service wedding florist. Female owned and operated, Delilah's offers even design, planning and coordination, as well as custom floral design. Invitations, thank you cards, and other stationary products are also available.
Cori Cook Floral Design (http://www.coricook.com/) gives personalized attention to every wedding they handle. Arrangements and bouquets are designed just for your event, reflecting your wedding colors and your personal tastes. This premier Denver florist works with a local flower grower for a continuous supply of fresh flowers. Rare flowers and out-of-season blooms can be ordered from the supplier's warehouse.
Floral Elegance Unlimited (http://www.floraleleganceunlimited.com/) has served Denver couples for more than 30 years. Both silk and fresh flower arrangements are possible. Floral Elegance has complied 4 sensible packages to meet the needs of most brides, including floral designs and stationary products. Package prices range from $500 to $650. Flower girl baskets and headpieces (starting at $25) and fresh floral cake embellishments can be ordered as well.
Pretty Petals (http://prettypetalscolorado.com/) is a home-based wedding florist in the Denver area that specializes in vivid and romantic floral designs. Boutonnieres and corsages created with roses or calla lilies are available in a variety of colors ($7 to $25). Pretty Petals offers an extensive selection of bridal bouquets like an intriguing combination of sunflowers and feathers ($85). Centerpieces and ceremony arrangements, cake flowers, and charming flower girl accessories are also available from this talented Denver wedding florist.0
Nashville Wedding Favors
Wedding favors create long lasting memories for family and friends to remember your walk down the aisle – a tradition that dates back thousands of years. In the past, guests were given five candles that represented health, wealth, happiness, fertility and longevity. Things have certainly changed since then. What kind of creative ideas would you like to explore when looking for Nashville wedding favors?
Themed Nashville Wedding Favors
The country music history of Nashville is often incorporated into ceremonies and receptions when couples are interested in themed Nashville wedding favors. You can let your imagination run wild – from personalized CDs and covers with your favorite music to gifted iTunes songs. Think outside the box and you could add an unforgettable flair to your Nashville wedding.
Need more inspiration? The following local Nashville businesses supply unique wedding favors:
Nashville Wedding Favors: Creative Celebrations
Specializing in a wide variety of customized invitations and distinctive wedding accessories, Creative Celebrations might be the place where you find wedding favors you've never seen before. Coffee lovers will truly enjoy the "Couple-ccino" mocha scented candles, which come in handmade gift boxes. You can package trinkets or edibles in the "I DO" favor boxes – clear cube boxes with preprinted "I Dos" decorating the outside. Environmentally conscious couples may opt for the "Love Blooms" seeds, which are flower seed packets that guests can plant to spread the love even after the reception has passed.
Nashville Wedding Favors: CustomBubbles.com
Choose personalized wedding favors packaged or decorated with ribbon, tulle, and other eyecatching embellishments. A few unique favor ideas from CustomBubbles.com include custom magnets, bath salts, and chocolate hearts. Guests love to celebrate the couple by tossing rice or blowing bubbles after the ceremony. CustomBubbles.com supplies miniature decorative bottles of bubbles, which can be ordered with satin ribbons, tulle, and personalized labels.
PWer Corky6565 had a lush, garden-inspired soft pink, green, and ivory wedding.
Her cake was a 3-tier white cake with butter cream icing. Each tier had a unique, hand-piped design with the couples new monogram gracing the middle tier. Fresh hydrangeas and roses in pink and green added a lush garden elegance to the cake, which sat on an ivory table cloth with pink handmade 'I DO' letters featuring pearl appliqués.
Nashville Wedding Florist
Beyond the traditional reds and creams of roses, incorporating state pride into your ceremony and reception will encourage you to take a walk on the wild side. Ask a Nashville wedding florist and they will point you in the direction of the purple iris – the state flower of Tennessee. An elaborate display of the state's wildflower, the passionflower, also offers a fascinating twist to centerpieces and bridal bouquets. The passionflower glows with a warm shade of purple.
Nashville Wedding Florist: The Tulip Tree
With a reputation that landed an opportunity to decorate special gala events and provide floral arrangements for a new Tiffany & Co. location, The Tulip Tree aims to please and hits the mark with sophistication and passion. For a soft, romantic vision, choose a nosegay that offers partially opened roses in shades of red and pink. Exotic and interesting to look at, centerpieces comprised of White Oriental Lilies are sure to impress. Other fresh flowers are on hand to fulfill flower needs and budgets. How about letting the Tulip Tree enhance your indoor or outdoor reception with an ivy-covered trellis?
Nashville Wedding Florist: Emma's
Head to the West end of the city to find a treasure trove of flowers for your wedding – hidden inside the pink house known as the home of "Nashville Scene's Favorite Florist for 2009." While February is a pretty busy season for Emma's, weddings certainly keep the business on its toes. Choose the vibrant shades of orchids for alluring reception centerpieces or pair red roses and berries to create bold flashes of color. Don't forget to check out the selection of uniquely constructed corsages.
Nashville Wedding Florist: Hody's Florist
From bridesmaids' bouquets with flowing ribbons to match your color scheme perfectly to delightful touches, such as floral clutch purses for $19.99, Hody's knows how to decorate a wedding. With a reputation for creating romantic floral arrangements, what better to select a Nashville wedding florist who has been putting smiles on the faces of brides since 1950. Consider the elegantly arranged "rose cube" for wedding centerpieces – priced under $30!
Nashville Wedding Florist: Queen Anne Florist
Queen Anne Florist offers unforgettable arrangements to meet your wedding needs, including corsages, boutonnieres, centerpieces, ceremony décor, and eye-catching bouquets of roses, tulips and carnations. To make a dramatic entrance, choose a cascading bouquet of fresh white roses and orchids – accented with light blue hydrangea. Daisy lovers will cherish the Daisy a Day Bouquet (yellow miniature carnations and white daisy mums, accented with baby's breath and fresh greens) – a steal at $39.99.
The Tulip Tree
Queen Anne Florist
Update: MadMadame has won the giveaway!! Congrats to her!
We are so pleased to offer this new giveaway from a place we really heart, Paloma's Nest, home of the original Ring Bearer Bowls, wedding keepsakes and custom heirlooms!
One custom Deluxe Ring Bearer Bowl with either a gold or silver leaf edging. This white ceramic bowl is hand-stamped with the custom words of your choice.
One custom Bridal Bouquet Text Tile, handcrafted with white porcelain clay and featuring the tiny text of your choice.
Also included is Paloma's Nest's gorgeous new Heirloom Packaging -- designed to be cherished forever! A hand crafted slide-top wooden box cradles and protects your Paloma's Nest piece for years to come. The box is paired with an original Heirloom Tag -- a special place to record the names of those who have received and cherished the heirloom inside the box. As you pass on your Paloma's Nest piece, pass along this Heirloom Tag, too, as a written history of your tradition for future generations to inherit.
To enter, visit Paloma's Nest and return to this thread, revealing which item is on your wedding wish list! You have until 10:00 am PST on March 29 to enter - so good luck!
Are you meeting with a potential photographer?
Here are some important questions to ask and/or find out about through investigating a potential photographer on their website or blog! Print off this checklist, highlight questions that are important to you, and keep it in your records. This is especially helpful when comparing several photographers.
No matter what, look up reviews of any photographer that you are considering hiring! Project Wedding has a great vendor reviews directory: click here.
Packages & Cost
What do your packages cost?
What is included in each package?
Can you work with us to make a package that fits within our budget?
How much of a deposit do you require?
Is the deposit refundable?
Will you take payments towards the deposit, or do you require it all up front?
When would the balance be due?
Do you do engagement, boudoir, anniversary, bridal, or trash the dress shoots?
How much extra would something like that add to our current package?
How soon do you usually book weddings before the date?
Can/will you hold our requested date while we consider our options?
Contracts and Obligations
Once the contract is signed, what happens if we break it for any reason?
What happens if you break the contract for any reason?
If you are unable to attend our event, how is that situation handled?
Are you part of a network of photographers that can jump in and take over your obligation if something unexpected were to happen?
What happens in the case of an equipment or accessory failure?
What if that equipment failure also causes a significant loss of the images from our wedding day?
Photography and Equipment
Do you do film and/or digital photography?
If you use film, what kind of film do you use and where is it processed?
Please tell us about your equipment.
How often is your equipment serviced?
How, when, and where do you back up your digital images?
Are you comfortable with flash photography?
Do you have & use a variety of lenses to achieve different composition and artistic aspects in your photography, and can you show us some examples?
Do you use flash? Can you show us some examples?
Is your primary focus on wedding photography or is it simply part of your overall work as a photographer?
How many weddings do you shoot per year?
How long have you been a photographer?
How long have you considered yourself a professional?
Did/do you take classes for photography and participate in conventions and forums for new techniques?
How many weddings have you shot before?
Can you show us examples of your work?
Can you show us one entire weddings worth of photography, instead of just the 'best of' so that we may evaluate what we would be getting?
Can you show us examples of your engagement, boudoir, anniversary, bridal, or trash the dress shots?
Can you show us examples of your work when the lighting situation was tough (indoors, churches that don't allow flash, candlelit dinners, bright sunlight, dusk, etc.)
How long have you been working with digital photography (if recently switched from film)
Do you do your own editing?
Style and Form
What would you say your photographic emphasis and strong points are? (Journalistic, posed, artistic, landscapes, details, etc.)
When shooting at a wedding, do you direct people into poses or work in a stealthy, quiet manner?
What do you typically wear to shoot a wedding?
Are you open to inspiration photos from other weddings that we like, or do you prefer to draw inspiration from our day without outside influence?
Rights and Inclusions
Will our engagement, boudoir, anniversary, bridal, or trash the dress photos include rights to the images in digital form, or will we need to purchase them separately from our package?
Will our wedding day photos include rights to the images in digital form, or will we need to purchase them separately from our package??
What digital media do you use to distribute photos that we will receive the rights too? (CD, thumb drive, etc.)
Will that media contain RAW or JPEG files?
Will the images be culled and edited, or will we receive every photo taken in it's original form?
How long can we expect to wait for the images?
Will the images on the digital media contain watermarks?
Will the images be in high or low resolution, and what can we expect as far as printing capabilities?
If no rights are included, can we purchase the printing rights to individual images?
Will there be an online gallery for friends and family to see?
Will friends and family be able to purchase prints of images from the online gallery?
What website do you use for your online galleries?
How long can we expect to wait for teasers?
How many images total can we expect from our wedding day?
How many images total can we expect from our engagement, boudoir, anniversary, bridal, or trash the dress shoot?
Will you be the one behind the camera, or will an assistant, intern, or other hired help be shooting?
Do you bring an assistant?
Does the assistant also shoot or do they just provide lighting & technical support?
Do you shoot destination weddings?
In foreign countries, do you have all the paperwork to work legally?
Have you ever shot at our venue/location?
Are you willing to check out our venue/location before the event to get ideas?
Do you shoot more than one event in a day?
Will you and/or your assistant require a meal on our wedding day?
Do you require a timeline of our wedding day?
What happens in the case of inclement weather?
Are there specific situations where you will not take photos?
Albums and Printing
Will an album be included in our package?
Will prints be included in our package?
What kind of albums do you make (flush mount, magazine, etc.)
Where do you get your albums and prints made?
Do you design every album by hand, or do you use album templates?
Can you show us some examples of albums you have created in the past?
Can you show us some examples of large prints you have created in the past?
If our package does not include prints or an album, how much can we expect to pay for them out of pocket?
This is an article written by the savvy and knowledgeable Project Wedding Hostess team! If you are interested in becoming a hostess, click here. To ask one of them a question,click here.
Nashville Wedding Rings
From platinum bands to less traditional styles, browsing all of the wedding rings in Nashville can make your head spin. The process not only involves locating a jeweler with a good reputation, but also finding one you can trust. You will need to consider budget and style preferences when searching for your choice in jeweler. A few local, standout companies providing Nashville with wedding rings include:
Nashville Wedding Rings Jeweler: King Jewelers
It's not always the case that searching for Nashville wedding rings will make you feel like royalty. Enter King Jewelers, who has been in the business for five generations- providing access to collections of jewels that highlight designs from around the world. From antique pieces to specially cut diamonds, your wedding ring could include creations matched with the striking colors of rubies, sapphires, and emeralds. Men get to choose their wedding bling from the Luxury Men's Salon, which opened in 2007 and now offers an array of classic and contemporary 18kt gold or platinum bands.
Nashville Wedding Rings Jeweler: J. Yontef Diamond and Custom Jewelry
When you're looking for a wedding ring that no one has, you have to spring for customization. Adding personalized details create eternally unique jewelry that commemorates the union between man and wife. From gemstones to pearls, you will find selections set in platinum, gold and palladium. For the eco-conscious bride and groom, select a wedding ring displaying the shine of Canadian diamonds. With J. Yontef Diamond and Custom Jewelry, you always receive star treatment as wedding ring 'dreams' are only made by appointment.
Nashville Wedding Rings Jeweler: Genesis Diamonds
Named the "Best Place in Nashville to Buy an Engagement Ring" by the Scene, Genesis Diamonds is recognized as one of the largest carriers of loose and mounted GIA and EGL certified diamonds in all of Tennessee. One-of-a-kind wedding rings and custom designs come from a wide assortment of jewelry designers that have made a name for themselves in the industry. Genesis Diamonds have only been supplying masterpiece jewels since 2004, but they already boast the title of "The Official Jeweler of the Tennessee Titans."
J. Yontef Diamond and Custom Jewelry
THIS SWEEPSTAKES IS OFFERED ONLY TO LEGAL RESIDENTS OF THE UNITED STATES (EXCLUDING PUERTO RICO AND OTHER TERRITORIES AND POSSESSIONS OF THE UNITED STATES) WHO ARE LOCATED IN THE UNITED STATES (EXCLUDING PUERTO RICO AND OTHER TERRITORIES AND POSSESSIONS OF THE UNITED STATES) AT THE TIME OF ENTRY.
Paloma’s Nest Custom Giveaway Sweepstakes Official Rules
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. VOID IN PUERTO RICO AND WHERE PROHIBITED.
1. Sweepstakes Period: Paloma’s Nest Custom Giveaway Sweepstakes (the "Sweepstakes") begins 10:00:01 a.m. Pacific Standard Time (PST) March 22, 2010 ("Start Date") and ends 10:00:00 a.m. PST on March 29, 2010 ("End Date") (the "Sweepstakes Period").
2. Eligibility: Sweepstakes is offered only in the United States to legal residents of the 50 United States (and the District of Columbia) excluding Puerto Rico and other territories and possessions of the United States, who are at least 18 years old at time of entry and who possess the right and documentation required for domestic travel. Employees, officers, directors and agents of eHarmony, Inc. and Paloma’s Nest (collectively, the "Sponsor") and its respective parents, affiliated and subsidiary companies, advertising and promotional agencies, web masters and web suppliers and the immediate family (spouse, mother, father, sister, brother, ward, daughter or son) or members of the households of each (whether or not related) are not eligible.
3. Entry: Beginning on the Start Date, visit http://www.projectwedding.com and make a post on the article thread about which Paloma’s Nest item is on your wedding wish list. Limit one ("1") entry per person. Sponsor is not responsible for malfunctions of electronic equipment, computer hardware or software, or any other technical problems related to website entries. Entries become property of the Sponsor and will not be returned. Any attempt at entry except as above stated is void. Sponsor's computer will be the official clock of the Sweepstakes.
4. Winner Selection: One ("1") potential grand prize winner will be selected on or about March 30, 2010 by random drawing from among all eligible entries received. Odds of winning will depend on the total number of eligible entries received during the Sweepstakes Period. The drawing will be conducted by the Sponsor, the judge of the Sweepstakes, whose decisions on all matters related to these official rules shall be final and binding.
5. Prize: Winner will receive one custom-made ring bearer bowl, one bridal bouquet text tile and the heirloom packaging. Approximate Retail Value ("ARV"): $102 (USD), plus shipping and handling. Prizes are not transferable. No cash redemptions or prize substitutions are allowed, except at the Sponsor's sole discretion. If the prize or any part thereof is unavailable for any reason, as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion, Sponsor reserves the right to substitute the prize with another prize of equal or greater value.
Sponsor reserves the right, at their sole discretion, to disqualify any individual they find to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Sweepstakes or the Sponsor's web site(s) or any web site related to the Sweepstakes; to be acting in violation of the official rules; or to be acting in a non-sportsmanlike or disruptive manner, or with intent to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other person. Any use of robotic, macro, automatic, programmed or the like entry methods will void all such entries by such methods. In the event of a dispute as to entries submitted by multiple users having the same email account, the authorized subscriber of the email account used to enter the Sweepstakes at the actual time of registration will be deemed to be the entrant and must comply with these rules. Authorized account subscriber is deemed to be the natural person who is assigned an email address by an Internet access provider, on-line service provider or other organization, which is responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated with the submitted email address. Potential winner may be required to provide the Sponsor with proof that the potential winner is the authorized account holder of the email address associated with the potentially winning entry. Sponsor may prosecute any fraudulent activities to the full extent of the law. All federal, state and local laws and regulations apply.
7. Limitations of Liability: The Releasees are not responsible for any lost, late, illegible, misdirected, mutilated, incomplete, incorrect or inaccurate entries or entry information, whether caused by web site users or by any of the equipment, computer hardware or software or any other technical operation or programming associated with or utilized in the Sweepstakes, and the Releasees assume no responsibility for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, or delay in operation or transmission at the Sponsor's web site(s) or any web site related to the Sweepstakes, or for communications line failure, or for theft or destruction, tampering, or unauthorized access to entries and/or entry information. If, for any reason, the Sweepstakes is not capable of running as planned by reason of infection by computer virus, bugs, worms, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, tampering, technical failures, or any other causes beyond the control of Sponsor which, in the sole opinion of Sponsor corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of this Sweepstakes, Sponsor reserves the right at its sole discretion to void suspect entries and/or to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Sweepstakes and select the winner from among all eligible entries received prior to such cancellation, termination or suspension. IN NO EVENT WILL THE RELEASEES BE RESPONSIBLE OR LIABLE FOR ANY DAMAGES OR LOSSES OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES ARISING OUT OF YOUR ACCESS TO AND USE OF THE INTERNET SITES eHarmony.com, Projectwedding.com, and palomasnest.com OR THE DOWNLOADING FROM AND/OR PRINTING MATERIAL DOWNLOADED FROM SAID SITES.
8. Disputes/Choice of Law: Except where prohibited, entrants agree that (i): any and all disputes, claims, and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Sweepstakes, or any prize awarded, or the determination of the winner shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action; (ii) any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering this Sweepstakes but in no event attorney's fees; and (iii) under no circumstances will entrant be permitted to obtain awards for and entrant hereby waives all rights to claim punitive, incidental and consequential damages and any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses, and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these official rules, or the rights and obligations of entrant and Releasees in connection with the Sweepstakes, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of California, U.S.A., without regard for conflicts of law doctrine, and all proceedings shall take place in that State.
9. Winner's Name: For names of the winners, send a self-addressed, stamped envelope to the Paloma’s Nest Custom Giveaway Sweepstakes: Winner's Name Request, P.O. Box 60157, Pasadena, CA 91116. Winner lists will only be available until ninety (90) days after the End Date.
10. Removal From Future Sweepstakes Mailings: To have your name and email address removed from Sponsor's future sweepstakes mailings, please click the applicable unsubscribe link. As part of the entry process, you may opt in to receive messages from sponsoring parties other than Sponsor. You acknowledge that if you opt in to receive such messages, Sponsor will transfer your name and e-mail address to said sponsor. To have your name and email address removed from such other sponsors' future mailings, please follow the procedure set forth in such sponsors' communications.
Sponsor and administrator: eHarmony, Inc., P.O. Box 60157, Pasadena, CA 91116
© 2010 eHarmony, Inc. All rights reserved.0