Create inspiration boards, share ideas with your friends and wedding vendors, get feedback from brides like you, and lots more!
Fondant wedding cakes:
Fondant wedding cakes are, literally, all about the "icing on the cake". When people talk about fondant wedding cakes, they're not actually referring to the cake itself, but to the smooth, firm icing. Fondant icing - also called rolled fondant - is a combination of sugar, corn syrup and gelatin that is rolled out with a rolling pin like a pie crust and then laid over the cake, trimmed and decorated.
Fondant wedding cakes - a little explanation!
"Fondant" comes from the French verb fondre, which means to dissolve or melt - and the icing on fondant wedding cakes should melt in your mouth when you eat it. Poured fondant, which is different in texture than the rolled fondant used in fondant wedding cakes, is softer in consistency and used to glaze cakes and petit fours and in many creamy filled candies.
Rolled fondant, which can be used to cover any cake shape, has been a common ingredient in fancy confections in Europe, Australia and elsewhere for many years, but fondant wedding cakes have only recently gained prominence in the United States - in large part since being featured on reality television shows like Cake Boss and Ace of Cakes. Fondant wedding cakes are becoming increasingly popular choices - but couples should know that they'll generally have to pay a few dollars more per slice for a fondant wedding cake than one frosted with buttercream.
Fondant wedding cakes are notable for the elegant, satiny finish of their icing. (It's possible to achieve a matte finish with rolled fondant as well.) Rolled fondant, which becomes semi-hard when it dries, provides a firm base for decorative details and designs also made from fondant, such as lace, scrolls, ribbons and bows, dots, flowers and much more. Rolled fondant is flexible and versatile and can be formed into just about any shape imaginable. It also holds up well in heat; in fact, if the cake layers and filling are stable at room temperature, fondant wedding cakes don't require refrigeration.
Another appealing quality of rolled fondant is that it can easily be tinted, so fondant wedding cakes can be made to order in just about any color combination. Some bakers make their own rolled fondant for fondant wedding cakes, but it can also be purchased ready to use in a variety of colors - and flavors, including chocolate, caramel, coffee and strawberry.
The consistency of rolled fondant is similar to Play-Doh - but don't worry, the icing on fondant wedding cakes tastes much much sweeter and better! However, the taste of rolled fondant is still unfamiliar to many Americans, who are more used to buttercream frosting. People who are unaccustomed to the taste of rolled fondant may be relieved to know that many fondant wedding cakes also use a layer of buttercream frosting, to "cement" the fondant icing to the cake. This added layer also comes in handy if the couple wants to freeze the top tier of their wedding cake - rolled fondant can crack apart or become soggy if frozen, so it's recommended that the top layer of icing on fondant wedding cakes be removed before the cake is packaged for freezing.
Endless Love Artist: Lional Richie and diana ross Album: Not Provided Description Not Provided Lyrics
There's only you in my life
The only thing that's bright
My first love,
You're every breath that I take
You're every step I make
I want to share
All my love with you
No one else will do...
And your eyes
Your eyes, your eyes
They tell me how much you care
Ooh yes, you will always be
My endless love
Two hearts that beat as one
Our lives have just begun
I'll hold you close in my arms
I can't resist your charms
I'll be a fool
You know I don't mind
Oh, you know I don't mind
You mean the world to me
I've found in you
My endless love
Boom, boom, boom, boom, booom
Boom, boom, boom, boom, boom
Oooh, and love
I'll be that fool
You know I don't mind
Oh you know-
I don't mind
You'll be the only one
'Cause NO one can deny
This love I have inside
And I'll give it all to you
My love, my love
My endless love
Video Not Provided
PWer JackieMarie425 had a soft, romantic, and lush hand-tied bouquet of ivory and pink roses, delicate green hydrangeas, white orchids, and green berries. Her bridesmaids carried similar smaller bouquets, each personalized with a rhinestone monogram.
Floral credit: Designed by the bride, created by Carol's Maple Valley Floral
Photo credit: Todd Atchison.
Unique Wedding Dresses: Where to Find Inspiration
One thing that most brides have in common is the desire to have a wedding day as unique and special as their relationship. Top on the list: unique wedding dresses. Plan a memorable event by infusing your style, personality, and values into the creative aspects, both big and small, of the day. Finding unique wedding dresses that speak volumes to your heart and are an expression of, well, you...can be a great way to start designing the day of your dreams. Unique wedding dresses are not as hard to come by as one would expect. Inspiration for unique wedding dresses can be found in the most basic of places!
Unique Wedding Dresses: Color
Vera Wang's flair for color makes a wedding dress as unique as they come.
Unique Wedding Dresses: Custom Made Bridal Gowns
Dress by Elizabeth Dye.
Find a designer whose aesthetic you adore. When you opt for a custom made gown, you have the opportunity to be a part of the creative process. Your wedding dress will be as unique as the vision you and the designer draw up!
Unique Wedding Dresses: Get Comfortable
Whether comfort to you is a free-flowing frock, or a fitted, sultry silhouette, your comfort is key in finding unique wedding dresses. When you are comfortable, you will feel beautiful, and truly unique in your wedding dress. Find more casual wedding dresses here.
Unique Wedding Dresses: Cultural Accents
Incorporating hints of your heritage into your bridal style can be a unique expression. Many cultures have rich wedding traditions that feature colorful fabrics and exquisite embellishments.
See more Claire Pettibone dresses.
Unique Wedding Dresses: Vintage and Heirloom Gowns
Nothing is as unique as a one-of-a-kind wedding dress! Source a vintage wedding dress from a tiny boutique or ask a relative to use her heirloom gown. Your guests will be in awe!
Vintage Wedding Dress Company
Think of all of the untapped resources that you may have in your search for the perfect unique wedding dress! What unique wedding dresses have you come across in the search for the perfect gown?
These seasonal favors are easy, inexpensive, and oh-so-charming! Put them atop each place setting, arrange them en masse on a favor table, or even group them together in the center of each table for a casual centerpiece that guests can easily take home at the end of your event.
We picked up small pots of bulbs in bloom at our local grocery store for $3.99 each; each pot had 3 flowers in it, which averages to $1.33 per stem. (Tulips are a colorful and widely-available choice; hyacinths are also a pretty, very fragrant alternative.)
We removed each bulb from the pot and planted it in a small plastic cup. Each cup was placed inside a mini brown paper bag, decorated with guests' initials. (If you're using a group of these flower bags as a centerpiece, you can write the table number on each one.) We punched holes at the top of each bag, and added grommets to the front holes for a finished look. Stringing ribbon through the holes is a pretty finish, and also keeps the flowers straight in the bag.
Sources: Mini paper bags can be found at Paper Mart; small white cups by Solo; white paint pen by Elmer's; ribbon and grommets from Michaels
Images Courtesy: Mary Swenson
PWer *MrsMiller* had a gorgeous 4-tier white fondant cake. The bottom tier was square and topped with three smaller round tiers.
Each tier had a hand-cut and piped design reminiscent of Alencon lace, much like that on the brides gown. Sparkling rhinestones accented the cake, which was finished with a large hand made fondant bow and a monogram topper.
The cake sat on a silver cake stand on a table scattered with large faux diamonds.
Photography credits: Bride and www.kathleenamelia.com
Atlanta Wedding Cakes
In the past, cakes for special occasions offered very few choices in flavors, frostings, and fillings. Today, Atlanta wedding cakes showcase the changes that wedding catering has made over the years. The wedding cake specialists below use exotic and unique flavors to make sure the first taste of sweetness between husband and wife is unforgettable.
Where to Find Custom Atlanta Wedding Cakes:
Atlanta Wedding Cakes: Baker's Man Inc.
Using fresh fruits to create seasonal fillings and offering inventive flavors since 1999, Baker's Man Inc. has carved a niche in the world of award-winning Atlanta cake design. Specialty wedding cake prices start at $4.75 per serving with tiers consisting of three layers of cake and two layers of filling. Cake choices will make your head spin, including the likes of chocolate sponge, banana, and New York Style Cheesecake. The company takes wedding cake fillings to the next level, offering a wide variety of buttercream, such as amaretto, Kahlua, Oreo Swiss Vanilla, Grand Marnier, banana, and toasted coconut.
Atlanta Wedding Cakes: Confection Perfection
Starting at $2.50 per slice, Confection Perfection will put a fully trained crew in charge of your wedding cake memories. Besides the usual chocolate and vanilla cake flavors, consider exotic and fun selections – like Italian Crème, Peppermint Chocolate, and even Reese's Cup. Frostings and fillings for cakes include Bavarian Cream, Kahlua Chocolate, Mocha, Cream Cheese, and a variety of mousses and creams. From Nike golf bags to the Georgia bulldog, Confection Perfection also provides delightful groom's cakes. The company certainly has a flair for sports-related groom's cakes.
Atlanta Wedding Cakes: Perfect Wedding Cake
Perfect Wedding Cakes possesses more than 30 years of experience in bringing smiles to newlyweds and their guests. The company boasts award-winning cake designs and chefs. Their creations have been featured in movies, magazines, and television, such as WeTV's Get Married, where Ramona Oskirka competed in the Cake Challenge. Choose between two and five tier wedding cakes, carefully crafted to meet your specifications. Groom's cakes have included Georgia Tech yellow jackets (sports themes), a box of cigars (personalization), and classic selections with traditional solid colors.
Wedding Cake Tip
From rolled fondant icing to custom monograms, explore and compare prices for the many different ways you can create the perfect unique wedding cake. For example, Confection Perfection prices the addition of chocolate spikes per cake size. When in season, they also add chocolate covered strawberries for a fee.
Baker's Man Inc.
Perfect Wedding Cake
THIS SWEEPSTAKES IS OFFERED ONLY TO LEGAL RESIDENTS OF THE UNITED STATES (EXCLUDING PUERTO RICO AND OTHER TERRITORIES AND POSSESSIONS OF THE UNITED STATES) WHO ARE LOCATED IN THE UNITED STATES (EXCLUDING PUERTO RICO AND OTHER TERRITORIES AND POSSESSIONS OF THE UNITED STATES) AT THE TIME OF ENTRY.
Preston Bailey Invites Sweepstakes Official Rules
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. VOID IN PUERTO RICO AND WHERE PROHIBITED.
1. Sweepstakes Period: Preston Bailey Wedding Invites Sweepstakes (the "Sweepstakes") begins 12:00:01 p.m. Pacific Standard Time (PST) February 22, 2010 ("Start Date") and ends 12:00:00 p.m. PST on March 1, 2010 ("End Date") (the "Sweepstakes Period").
2. Eligibility: Sweepstakes is offered only in the United States to legal residents of the 50 United States (and the District of Columbia) excluding Puerto Rico and other territories and possessions of the United States, who are at least 18 years old at time of entry and who possess the right and documentation required for domestic travel. Employees, officers, directors and agents of eHarmony, Inc. and Invitation Consultants (collectively, the "Sponsor") and its respective parents, affiliated and subsidiary companies, advertising and promotional agencies, web masters and web suppliers and the immediate family (spouse, mother, father, sister, brother, ward, daughter or son) or members of the households of each (whether or not related) are not eligible.
3. Entry: Beginning on the Start Date, visit http://www.projectwedding.com and make a post on the article thread about which Preston Bailey invite design is your favorite. Limit one ("1") entry per person. Sponsor is not responsible for malfunctions of electronic equipment, computer hardware or software, or any other technical problems related to website entries. Entries become property of the Sponsor and will not be returned. Any attempt at entry except as above stated is void. Sponsor's computer will be the official clock of the Sweepstakes.
4. Winner Selection: One ("1") potential grand prize winner will be selected on or about March 1, 2010 by random drawing from among all eligible entries received. Odds of winning will depend on the total number of eligible entries received during the Sweepstakes Period. The drawing will be conducted by the Sponsor, the judge of the Sweepstakes, whose decisions on all matters related to these official rules shall be final and binding.
5. Prize: Winner will receive 100 wedding invitations from Preston Bailey stationery. Approximate Retail Value ("ARV"): $300 (USD), plus shipping and handling. Prizes are not transferable. No cash redemptions or prize substitutions are allowed, except at the Sponsor's sole discretion. If the prize or any part thereof is unavailable for any reason, as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion, Sponsor reserves the right to substitute the prize with another prize of equal or greater value.
Sponsor reserves the right, at their sole discretion, to disqualify any individual they find to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Sweepstakes or the Sponsor's web site(s) or any web site related to the Sweepstakes; to be acting in violation of the official rules; or to be acting in a non-sportsmanlike or disruptive manner, or with intent to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other person. Any use of robotic, macro, automatic, programmed or the like entry methods will void all such entries by such methods. In the event of a dispute as to entries submitted by multiple users having the same email account, the authorized subscriber of the email account used to enter the Sweepstakes at the actual time of registration will be deemed to be the entrant and must comply with these rules. Authorized account subscriber is deemed to be the natural person who is assigned an email address by an Internet access provider, on-line service provider or other organization, which is responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated with the submitted email address. Potential winner may be required to provide the Sponsor with proof that the potential winner is the authorized account holder of the email address associated with the potentially winning entry. Sponsor may prosecute any fraudulent activities to the full extent of the law. All federal, state and local laws and regulations apply.
7. Limitations of Liability: The Releasees are not responsible for any lost, late, illegible, misdirected, mutilated, incomplete, incorrect or inaccurate entries or entry information, whether caused by web site users or by any of the equipment, computer hardware or software or any other technical operation or programming associated with or utilized in the Sweepstakes, and the Releasees assume no responsibility for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, or delay in operation or transmission at the Sponsor's web site(s) or any web site related to the Sweepstakes, or for communications line failure, or for theft or destruction, tampering, or unauthorized access to entries and/or entry information. If, for any reason, the Sweepstakes is not capable of running as planned by reason of infection by computer virus, bugs, worms, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, tampering, technical failures, or any other causes beyond the control of Sponsor which, in the sole opinion of Sponsor corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of this Sweepstakes, Sponsor reserves the right at its sole discretion to void suspect entries and/or to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Sweepstakes and select the winner from among all eligible entries received prior to such cancellation, termination or suspension. IN NO EVENT WILL THE RELEASEES BE RESPONSIBLE OR LIABLE FOR ANY DAMAGES OR LOSSES OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES ARISING OUT OF YOUR ACCESS TO AND USE OF THE INTERNET SITES eHarmony.com, Projectwedding.com, and invitationconsultants.com OR THE DOWNLOADING FROM AND/OR PRINTING MATERIAL DOWNLOADED FROM SAID SITES.
8. Disputes/Choice of Law: Except where prohibited, entrants agree that (i): any and all disputes, claims, and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Sweepstakes, or any prize awarded, or the determination of the winner shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action; (ii) any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering this Sweepstakes but in no event attorney's fees; and (iii) under no circumstances will entrant be permitted to obtain awards for and entrant hereby waives all rights to claim punitive, incidental and consequential damages and any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses, and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these official rules, or the rights and obligations of entrant and Releasees in connection with the Sweepstakes, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of California, U.S.A., without regard for conflicts of law doctrine, and all proceedings shall take place in that State.
9. Winner's Name: For names of the winners, send a self-addressed, stamped envelope to the Preston Bailey Wedding Invites Sweepstakes: Winner's Name Request, P.O. Box 60157, Pasadena, CA 91116. Winner lists will only be available until ninety (90) days after the End Date.
10. Removal From Future Sweepstakes Mailings: To have your name and email address removed from Sponsor's future sweepstakes mailings, please click the applicable unsubscribe link. As part of the entry process, you may opt in to receive messages from sponsoring parties other than Sponsor. You acknowledge that if you opt in to receive such messages, Sponsor will transfer your name and e-mail address to said sponsor. To have your name and email address removed from such other sponsors' future mailings, please follow the procedure set forth in such sponsors' communications.
Sponsor and administrator: eHarmony, Inc., P.O. Box 60157, Pasadena, CA 91116
© 2010 eHarmony, Inc. All rights reserved.