Project Wedding Community Guidelines
We at WeddingWire want the Project Wedding Community to be a safe, effective and fun place to share your thoughts and feelings, as well as receive guidance and information. To that end, we actively moderate our forums, biographies, toasts, reviews, wiki articles, and other forms of communication between members.
Here are the Community Guidelines to remember and follow when participating in the forums. You will find more detail on each rule below.
- We remove posts, biographies, comments, private messages, reviews, and any other content that contains language that is inappropriate or offensive.
- We don't allow posts, biographies, comments, private messages, reviews, wiki articles, and any other content that personally attack another user.
- We don't allow posts, comments, private messages, reviews, wiki articles, and any other content that advertise wedding vendor services.
- We don't allow posts, biographies, comments, private messages, reviews, wiki articles, and any other content that distribute software.
- We don't allow posts, biographies, comments, private messages, reviews, wiki articles, and any other content that contain material you do not own.
- We don't allow posts on our Main Forums or private messages requesting or encouraging voting in contests. Please post such content only in the Contest Junkies Group.
- We reserve the right to remove, re-categorize, or split threads.
- We don't allow posts, comments, toasts, or private messages sent by vendors that are directly promoting their services, including linking to their website; but we do allow posts by vendors that are genuinely helpful to brides, without promoting their services.
- We reserve the right to edit the photographs and text for real weddings, exclude photographs in a wedding for editing purposes, or not publish a real wedding submission.
For more guidance on reviewing vendors, please also see our Review Guidelines at http://www.projectwedding.com/info/reviews_faq
We encourage you to report posts or threads that violate these rules. Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
In addition to these guidelines, here is a list of important things to remember.
TAKE CARE WITH SPECIFIC PERSONAL INFORMATION
The Project Wedding forums deal with important personal areas of life and love. You may find that you're very comfortable sharing the details of your wedding planning and other wedding-related activities. However, take care when revealing information that could easily allow another user to determine where you work, exactly where you live, and other specific details of your life.
RESPECT OUR HOSTS
In many cases, Project Wedding Hosts and Hostesses are volunteers who help make the community a nice place to be. Please be courteous to them. They will do their best to help answer any questions you may have, but they may not have time to respond to every request.
REPUBLISHING YOUR WORDS
One of the best ways to encourage more participation in these discussion boards is by sharing your very best quotes with a wider audience. So from time to time, we may take various quotes and use them in emails, advertising, and promotional efforts. If we do so, we'll only use your screen name. Also, we promise to use great care in the quotes we choose. We will never use a quote from you that is embarrassing, endangering or inflammatory.
AVOID DUPLICATE POSTS
Duplicate discussions are frustrating for everyone. Do not post duplicate discussions across several threads or categories. We encourage you to report any duplicate posts you may see.
THE DETAILS ON OUR PROJECT WEDDING COMMUNITY GUIDELINES
We remove posts, biographies, toasts, reviews, wiki articles, and other forms of communication between members that contain language that is inappropriate or offensive, and further reserve the right to remove any photos which we deem inappropriate for display on the site.. This includes content that contains language or imagery that is:
- Hateful, bigoted, or offensive
- Sexually explicit, depicting of sexual activity, vulgar, or obscene (Bridal boudoir photos are generally permitted, provided there is no exposure of nipples or genitals)
- Encourages illegal activities
- Defamatory, abusive, or threatening
We don't allow posts that advertise. Project Wedding is for personal and informational use only and may not be used in connection with any commercial endeavors except those that are specifically endorsed or approved by Project Wedding. Discussions that contain links to or appear to be promoting products, services, Internet sites, or other community sites (whether for profit or not) may be removed. This includes inquiries from journalists or research studies seeking participants. We do allow our users to post "For Sale" items in the appropriate forum or biography, but neither we nor our employees, affiliates or related companies may be held responsible for such posts, and we advise our users to exercise caution and common sense with respect to such posts.
We don't allow posts, biographies, toasts, reviews, wiki articles, and other forms of communication between members that distribute software. We remove content that make available or distribute in any way software or computer files.
We don't allow posts, biographies, toasts, reviews, wiki articles, and other forms of communication between members that contain material you do not own. Before posting any information that is not your own original work of authorship, you must obtain the consent of the copyright owner. If such an event occurs, the individual posting the information will be held solely responsible.
We don't allow posts, biographies, toasts, reviews, wiki articles, and other forms of communication between members that personally attack other users. Discussion boards by their nature stir up strong emotions and high-energy dialog. It's important that you keep your posts respectful avoiding insults and personal attacks. Derogatory comments related to gender, race, color, age, religious views, national origin, sexual orientation or disability will be removed. In addition comments that may cause distress, embarrassment, or humiliation will not be tolerated.
We don't allow posts, biographies, toasts, reviews, wiki articles, and other forms of communication between members that contain derogatory comments about employees of WeddingWire, or the hosts and hostesses of Project Wedding.
We actively moderate our discussion boards. We reserve the right to remove a post or thread that does not relate to the topic being discussed on the board. We reserve the right to organize and move posts, threads, or categories based on what we feel is in the best interest of our users. We reserve the right to close or remove a post or thread without warning or explanation if we feel it is having a negative effect on the discussion board. Additionally, we require that you do not discuss moderation activities taken against you (flagged posts, warnings, etc.) on the boards as it is disruptive to our Community.
We don't allow posts or private messages sent by vendors that are directly promoting their services, including linking to their website; but we do allow posts by vendors that are genuinely helpful to brides, without promoting their services. For more guidance on our vendor policies, please see our Vendor FAQ at http://www.projectwedding.com/info/vendor_dir_faq.
We use automated technology to monitor user posts on Project Wedding in order to remove language that we deem to be inappropriate or offensive. Because the technology we currently use only recognizes English, we reserve the right to remove any posts that are not in English.
Project Wedding has a policy to ban users who violate these rules or our Terms and Conditions of Service. Depending on the severity of violation and other circumstances, the user may first receive a warning via email or may be permanently banned without warning.
- Please do not re-post or cross-post ads. If after one week of your original posting you are still looking or your item has not sold, you may repost at that time.
- As a test, we are allowing vendors to participate by placing ads in Classifieds; however, you are required to make a special offer (discount, free gift, etc.) for PW brides only as part of your post. We reserve the right to disallow vendors from posting in Classifieds in the future if we so choose.
- Wanted / For Sale posts can ONLY be made in Classifieds. Any such posts made on the main Forums will be deleted.
- Please be sure to post your item in the appropriate category. Any ads in incorrect categories will be deleted.
- Ads are subject to the Community Guidelines and Terms and Conditions of the Project Wedding site.