A lot of you know that DH and I put our condo up for sale at the end of September. We received two offers, but both were really low and we rejected them. Since then we essentially stopped looking at houses to buy because we didn't want to fall
in love with one when we weren't in a position to make an offer. We figured once our place sold we'd start a serious hunt.
Last week we had a showing that went very well: cash buyer (!) who would waive the appraisal contingency! He offered, we counter-offered, and he met us in the middle. Although it's not as much as we were initially asking, it is 15k above
what similar condos in our area have recently sold for - definitely the best offer we'd be getting for a long, long time... so we accepted! Last night our realtor picked up the signed contract - our condo is sold!
Now here's why this buyer was so willing to waive contingencies and pay above market value... he wants an early settlement. As in, less than a month! We close on May 18th! Holy crap!
Of course we don't have a house in mind, and online searches reveal nothing we're even remotely interested in. This means... dun dun dun... we're moving in with my parents until we find a place. I love them to death, but it's going to be so hard
leaving our privacy and freedom. I bought that place five and half years ago, and DH has lived with me in it for a year now. This is going to be quite an adjustment!
Yay for selling - boo for being homeless!! Lol. It's great that you've managed to get a reasonably good price after waiting so long to sell.
I'm in a similar position, we need to be out of our rental property on 29th June but probably can't take possession of our new home until 2nd July! It wouldn't be a problem if we didn't have our little boys....and a house full of furniture!! Well it will be an adventure anyway!