Arcadia, CA 91006
I booked this hotel 5 months prior to my wedding for our "getting-ready" location. I reserved 2 suites and 3 doubles. When we went to check-in the night before the wedding, I noticed they were remodeling and apparently, one of the two suites I reserved were not available and was currently under renovation. The hotel manager compensated me by not charging me for the other suite and not charging me for an extra double. However, when I went to my only suite - the A/C was not working. They fixed it, but I didn't get access to my room until 9pm. The hotel decided to comp me for an additional room. So in the end I only paid for two out of the 5 hotel rooms.
Another issue I encountered at check-out was that my "special group rate" was not honored - so I had to pull out my contract to prove to them that I had a special group rate which applied to the other two rooms. In the end, I'm still happy that I got a huge discount...but it was very stressful.
Jorge was great at communication - he was quick to respond via email/telephone.
The reception went beautifully and had a great playlist for my guests. He followed my do-not-play list and I thought he did a terrific job.
His assistant seemed to be a bit unexperienced - and sometimes the wrong sound/song would come on - but Jorge would go back to fix it right away.
We were very happy with Jorge and would recommend him to everyone!
Brea, CA 92822
Candi Merle has to be one of the best vendors I've dealt with throughout this whole wedding planning process. I went back and forth on veil styles and couldn't decide what I wanted...she offered several options and I ended up choosing one I found on the internet. I made my purchase and the veil was mailed to me within a 2 weeks. Her packaging couldn't be more perfect, as I rolled it out and all the wrinkles fell out. She's very quick to answer emails and is extremely patient.
Paper and more has got to be the best value out there. Their prices are the absolute lowest and their customer service is phenomenal...I got my order in record time and the quality is terrific. I highly recommend them for the DIY brides out there who plan to DIY invitations, menus, programs, and so on.
New York, NY 10011
Placed an order for votive holders on Friday evening and received my order by Wednesday! They are extremely reliable and quick to respond. Prices are unbeatable!
My initial meeting with Danielle was everything I wanted and more. She was very enthusiastic and you can tell she loves what she does. We left the meeting feeling confident and extremely excited. Flowers were something we didn't want to bargain with since this (besides your wedding dress) are the things that appear in almost every wedding photo.
Although, Danielle did an exquisite job and stuck to our contract on many aspects of my floral pieces, there were some areas that disappointed us, making it the most difficult review I've had to write.
- Danielle arrived right on time to deliver and arrange all of our floral pieces.
- The arch decoration was beautiful and added a little extra something to the ceremony backdrop.
- The bridesmaids bouquets were BEAUTIFUL! I loved the colors and arrangements. She even used a damask print fabric to create a "corset" tie-up, which went along with my wedding theme.
- I received many compliments on my centerpieces and she used the same damask corset tie-up on the vases.
- The cake decoration was beautiful and perfect. This was not part of our initial contract...I paid for this service separately.
- My bouquet was the single most important piece to me. As this is probably the most photographed piece, next to my dress. The bouquet had cream, white and variations of pink flowers. The cream and white flowers were browning at the ends and wilting. The flowers were delivered like this and not a result of handling them by us or anyone else at the wedding. I also specifically mentioned I did not want the stems exposed. During our meeting we discussed using a cream-color ribbon to wrap entirely around the stems and then she would create a corset tie-up. What I received was approx. a 2" beaded ribbon wrapped once, at the neck of the bouquet and it stopped about 1/3 of the way down the stems, resulting in exposed stems 2/3 of the way down.
- Another area of disappointement was the lack of flower petals down the aisle. I explained that I wanted heavy petal coverage since my ceremony would be taking place at the end of a concrete slab. Instead, there was only a handful of petals down the aisle. No coverage whatsoever.
After discussing these issues with Danielle, it is my understanding that the flowers were a result of buying from a smaller rose vendor and not her usual vendor. As a result, she mentioned she would not be utilizing them for future events. She also explained the reasoning behind the lack of petal coverage. It had been raining prior to my ceremony and there was talk that my ceremony may be moved inside into our reception area. As a result of this potential move, Danielle decided to place the petals in a basket (which I was unaware existed) so that they could be used indoors. However, the rain stopped immediately after and we proceeded to have it outdoors at the original location - by this time, Danielle had already left the premises and the basket of petals were nowhere to be found. I know Danielle meant well when she decided to place the petals in the basket; however, because of having to rush our ceremony back to its original location (in case it started raining again) I feel Danielle should've stuck to the contract and placed the petals down the aisle. Had the ceremony been moved indoors - I still wouldn't have been able to use the petals since it's carpeted.
In the end, Danielle is an extremely talented florist. I do feel my experience was a one-time thing and future brides should not doubt her reliability. The only suggestion is that you cover everything in the most detail possible and discuss possible problems, such as rain, or any other issues which may impact your event. Additionally, you should go over your contract with the florist and every other vendor at least 2 weeks prior to your event. Make sure you are all on the same page and every single detail is covered so that there are no misunderstandings.
South Easton, MA 02375
Cards and Pockets were great to work with. Their products are high quality and their website is very informative. If you are plan on going the DIY route with the invitations, CardsandPockets is your best bet. I received my pocketfolds in no time.
Fiddlestix lives up to their terrific reputation - MAGNIFICENT! That's what I kept hearing all night. They arrived on-time and were terrific!! I didn't get to greet them or thank them (busy taking pictures), but everyone enjoyed the music. I couldn't be happier.
San Fernando, CA 91340
I ordered my authentic Maggie Sottero gown here (only authorized retailer in San Fernando) and Teresa was a pleasure to work with. Like the previous review, I too got a steal, by paying one flat price; alterations included and pressing extra. Store is highly recommended!
Santa Monica, CA 90401
Sara was phenomenal! I encountered a horrible week leading up to my wedding, with the death of my SIL and Sara went above and beyond her DOC obligations. She managed to call vendors leading up to my wedding, since I was with family, trying to deal with the death in my family. Sara arrived to the venue, sooner than originally planned to help with set-up and even managed to squeeze in a quick rehearsal right before the ceremony (since I cancelled my rehearsal for my SIL funeral). We also encountered rain and I was having an outdoor ceremony. The ceremony was about to be moved indoors, when there was a break in the clouds and Sara managed to change it back to an outdoor ceremony without problem. She truly was a life-saver and I couldn't imagine my wedding without her.