Sep 10, 2011
Inspiration: Never in a million years would I thought of having getting ready outfits for me and the girls,
but after I saw K.Leah09's infamous picture, I knew I had to do it!
The Bride's Outfit: I bought a white long sleeve terry cloth sweatshirt from Old Navy. I'm having it embroidered on the lower back to say Mrs. Fisher (like jackieg's). I also DIY'ed tank tops for all of us that I bought from Walmart for $2 each and then bought iron-on crystals from crystaldesignsus. I'll wear black yoga pants, and my B.O.C. day lily sandals (in black)
here are a few photos of the details of my sweatshirt:
The bridesmaids' outfits: they will wear wear a similar outfit, but with a black sweatshirt, and either a
black/purple tank (depending on their role in the wedding). We're going to be so cute!!!
I hit 5K on 8/10/10!
PW Ladies [and our few gentlemen],
I have had a goal to reach 5000 posts before my wedding. Well, I did it 13 months to the day before our wedding, so I guess that goal will have to be modified. :)
I am SO incredibly thankful that I stumbled upon PW back in December while searching for dresses with my FSIL. Even though I was a lady in waiting, you all welcomed me with open arms. I have enjoyed every moment with you all during this crazy, beautiful time in our lives, and I hope I've helped and inspired you along the way. You all are some of the best friends a girl could ask for, and I'm so proud to call this community home.
I want to thank the lovely hostess team, because I know how much work you put into making PW the positive, welcoming, inspirational place it is. You ladies are SO awesome. Chris, you're an AMAZING community coordinator. PW wouldn't be the same without you all.
And for the rest of you, I cannot believe how amazingly supportive you are--from helping Miriam and Cari win a photographer with less than 100 days to go, to helping Cassie find a dress just days before her wedding, to offering advice and support when weddings have been called off, to offering to provide services to other PW girls, to throwing Melissa a bachelorette party when hers didn't go as planned, and I'm sure there's a million unspoken things that you all have done for one another. I am SOOOOOO proud of you all for SUPPORTING women instead of putting each other down. I've never experienced that in my life, and it is SO refreshing.
So thank you, PW. My wedding and my life wouldn't be the same without you.
Here's to 5K, 10K, or 100K more. :)
So without further ado...I present my FI. I know he's been waiting for his big debut!!
Soooo...Ashley has requested that I write a little something for her 5,000th post on P-Dub (t-shirts to come soon)...
First and foremost, I am extremely excited to marry my best friend in the world in 13 months. We have shared so many incredible experiences throughout the course of our relationship, and I can't wait to share those in our future. I have truly found the perfect woman to be my wife, my lover, and the mother of our children.
I am also excited that she has found such a close-knit community for spending ridiculous amounts of time, developing new abbreviations, and venting about me. :P In all seriousness, however, I am continually impressed by the strong bonds that you girls share during this otherwise extremely stressful time. I am also impressed by your ability to rush to each other's aid in times of need.
Before I finish, our two (slightly handicapped) dogs would like to express their feelings:
Alright, I must get back to my busy night of poker, working out, and washing dishes. If I'm lucky, I might get to DTD with my BTB... ;)
Good night...now go kiss your fiance'!
We have two crazy furbabies (and they have doppelgangers!!). I don't think anyone likes them except us...maybe only me! They spend a lot of time in Doggie Jail, while momma is on P-Dub. ;)
COCO: He's our 5-year old Yorkie. He used to be the coolest dog ever. Lately he's been acting like a crabby old man! John refers to him as a meerkat because he stands up on his hind legs when he wants you to scratch his belly. In our family, he's also known as "Master Splinter" because he looks just like the TMNT character!
BELLA: She's our 2-year old Morkie (maltese/yorkie). She's super sweet, but she only has two modes...passed out and crazy woman. Her doppelganger is Falcor from The Neverending Story!
- I grew up in Illinois, right outside of St. Louis.
- I'm an only child.
- Both of my parents passed away before I was 24. My dad died when I was 4 in a car accident, and my mom passed away after a long battle with cancer in May 2009.
- I graduated from St. Louis University in 2007 with my BA in Psychology.
- I played Golf in college until I had to have shoulder surgery to repair a torn labrum & rotator cuff.
- I was a fast pitch softball pitcher for over 10 years [I wasn't the best, but I practiced a lot!], which probably had something to do with my shoulder surgery!
- I graduated from The University of Alabama in 2010 with a JD.
- My degree says that I'm an attorney, as well as the Missouri Bar, but I'm actually an event planner and designer!
- I love arts & crafts, traveling, our dogs, trashy tv, my girlfriends, cooking, sushi, and all things wedding.
- I drive a '10 Prius. I love it!
- He grew up in (South) St. Louis.
- He has a fraternal twin brother, who married my college roommate/Matron of Honor.
- He plays semi-pro poker.
- He's [probably] addicted to working out/sports. There's always some sort of game to go to...basketball, baseball, football, you name it.
- His mom passed away in a house fire in 2001.
- He graduated from St. Louis University with a Clinical Doctorate in Physical Therapy in 2010 (joint undergrad/grad program).
- He works in a skilled nursing facility doing a variety of patient rehabilitation.
- He loves working out, poker, sports, ESPN, crime shows, video games, traveling, spending time with his huge family, our dogs, and doing romantic things for me.
- He's got a great sense of humor. He makes me laugh all the time!
- He bought his very first new car in May - a 2010 fully loaded Black Malibu LTZ.
Welcome to my bio! Thanks for stopping by!! Feel free to stay a while or leave some love before you go!
My wedding was entirely DIY (with the help of some talented friends and some newbie vendors - the only thing we splurged on was our photographer). The entire time I planned, I had a fear of my wedding looking like a kindergartner's finger paint project. A friend, upon seeing my pro photos, said, "So remember how worried you were that your wedding was DIY and wouldn't be as "fancy" as other weddings? Um, they've been pwned." The reason my bio is here is because I don't want ANYONE feeling like they can't do it. You can have a gorgeous, relatively inexpensive DIY wedding that will be filled with love and be about the two of you, which is how it's supposed to be, and everyone will love it.
If you have any questions regarding any of my projects, feel free to PM me.
I've tried to write articles for all of my projects, but now that it's crunch time, the article writing isn't as high on my priority list. :)
Now that my wedding is over, I've made my bio viewable by everyone.
If you need help with anything, feel free to send me a PM!
Happy planning! xoxo!
If you have used an idea or photo of mine, please credit me and provide a link back to my bio.
IF YOU USE A PRO PICTURE, YOU NEED TO CREDIT MY PHOTOGRAPHER, Lisa Hessel.
Don't steal pictures/ideas without giving credit (anywhere on PW). It's not nice. We all work really hard to plan
our weddings, and we'd appreciate a nod if you borrow an idea or use a picture.
If I have used an idea/photo of yours, or you know who it belongs to, please let me know and I will provide the necessary credit.