Mar 24, 2011
I had this list almost completely done. And I forgot to save. Here we go again!
~Bride Getting Ready
- sandals on bed
- dress hanging in patio/balcony door frame
- bride DIY make-up
- bride and BMs getting hair done
- bride smelling bouquet
- bride hugging daughter
- bride hugging mother
- bride hugging MOH
- bride putting on dress
- MOH zipping up dress
- bride putting on jewelry
- bride (ready) standing in patio/balcony door frame
- bride laughing with everyone in suite
- bride having a drink (non or alcoholic)
- bride reading letter from groom
~Groom Getting Ready
- groom putting on shirt/jacket
- groom putting on bead necklace
- groom sitting with RB
- groom shaking hands with father
- groom having a drink with GMs
- groom shaving/doing hair?
- groom sandals on floor next to bed
- groom kissing mother
- groom reading letter from bride
- Parents/grandmother walking down aisle
- BP walking down aisle
- Groom's first look at bride (VERY important!!)
- bride walking down aisle
- reciting of vows
- placing of rings
- readings 1 and 2
- first kiss
- bride and groom walking back down aisle
- Bride and Groom
- bride and groom with entire group
- bride and groom with daughter
- bride with daughter
- groom with daughter
- bride and groom with b's mother
- bride and groom with g's parents
- bride and groom with g's grandmother
- bride and groom with b's aunt and uncle and cousin
- bride and groom with b's aunt
- bride and groom with g's aunt and uncle
- bride and groom with g's sister and family
- bride and groom with b's brother
- bride and groom with b's cousin
- bride and groom with co-worker and husband
~Bridal Party shots
- full party standing in a line with sunglasses on
- bride and BMs holding bouquet/fans
- bride and BMs with the wind blowing their skirts
- bride and BMs with feet stuck out to show foot jewelry
- bride standing with BMs in beach chairs on either side
- bride standing while BMs jump
- groom in line (regressive) with GMs
- groom standing on dock/pier with GMs (maybe on the railing?)
- groom with GMs surrounding a palm tree
- groom with GMs at the bar
- BP randomly placed on beach
- BP walking toward's water, back facing camera
- bride and groom standing in front of BP
- bride with GMs
- groom with BMs
~Bride & Groom shots
- walking at water's edge
- on top of boulder or big rock or rock wall
- bride on rock solo dress spread out
- groom dipping/bending bride for a kiss
- standing on the sand in a big heart (drawn on sand)
- underneath or leaning on a palm tree kissing
- groom bending and kissing bride's hand
- groom standing behind bride with arms around waist
- walking along bridge or pier
- bride walking alone with bouquet
- groom walking alone hands in pockets
- groom holding bride's face ready for a kiss
- standing with veil blowing behind or over heads
- looking into camera together while hugging closely
- looking into each other's eyes
~The Details (photojournalistic)
- rings stacked on dresser
- rings placed in bride's bouquet
- make-up on dresser/table
- bride's hair (maybe in spa, as well as room suite)
- BMs' hair
- ceremony set up
- ocean background
- wedding programs and fans on chairs
- ceremony seating cards
- BM fans
- ring bearer's badge
- rings on ring pillow
- vow sheets
- iPod set to wedding DJ app
- reception table layout
- reception escort cards (umbrellas)
- first dance
- mother/daughter dance
- son/mother dance
- bride/daughter dance
- groom/daughter dance
- bride and groom leaning close and talking
- bride and groom kissing during dinner/dancing
- bride and groom laughing/crying
- guests' emotions
These are for our at-home reception on April 16. We measured, scored, cut and folded the pockets ourselves, designed the invitation and inserts, handmade the belly bands and monograms. These were harder/took longer than the Passport invitiations!
This is not the actual "R" we used, it was a trial.
This just says we are getting married March 24th, and please join us to celebrate on April 16th. PM me if you want the full text. :)
The inserts, individually
The final few that need to be mailed, we've already sent out around 40.
Here's pics of my DIY projects that I've completed (and have pics of!) Please let me know if you'd like to know how to create any of them. :)
DIY Hair Flower (instructions available here)
DIY Beaded Mens' Necklaces
DIY Bridal Jewelry Suite (incl. earrings, bracelet, foot thong)
DIY Bridesmaid and Flower Girl fans
DIY Passport Invitations
In under 20 minutes! My hair trial is tomorrow (09/11), and while I don't have my veil yet (another DIY) I really wanted to have my hair flower so I'd at least have a bit of a feeling of what my hair will look like. But, unfortunately, the mall didn't yield quite the selection of accessories that I'd hoped for. Etsy pieces are beautiful, but a little out of my budget. So, a quick trip to Michael's, and for under $20.00, and less than 20 minutes, I have a hair piece that I'm excited to wear!
*note: I have never, EVER attempted anything like this. The final product is very simple, but very much what I was hoping for.
A little blurry, but there are fake-y stem type thingys in here. I cut them off, right down to the centre.
You'll need a clip of some sort (all depending on what kind of hold you want/flower you're using, etc). I used a 60mm snap clip ($3.99 for 8 at Michael's). I cut a length of slim ivory ribbon (already in the house) and used my glue gun to attach it to the end of the clip. Then I tightly wrapped the ribbon down the length of the clip- only one side, though! You don't want to wrap it up so it can't open. ;)
Then I glued the end of the ribbon to the end of the clip. Once the glue was set, I cut off any excess ribbon. For fun, I added a large-ish crystal to the pinch end of the clip (sorry, blurry again).
Being pretty generous with the glue gun, run a bead of glue across the ribbon side of the clip. Work quickly, while it's still warm and attach it as close to the centre of the flower as possible. Hold for 20-30 seconds, until the glue is set.
Ta da! To finish it off, I added 4 crystals to the centre of the flower (using the glue gun), adding a bit of bling and covering up the ugly hole left from the removal of the stem thingys.
My messy hair!
THINGS TO REMEMBER:
- Fake flowers can often just be pulled off their stems. Try that before attacking with a pair of scissors.
- Uploading these pics took longer than the whole project (even counting when I had to re-do the crystals). Don't let DIY scare you because you think it's so time consuming.
- Expensive doesn't necessarily mean good. The flower was $6.99, the clip was only $0.49! Everything else I had at home. An the crystals are plastic, but still look great.
- More does not equal better. Simple is often the best way o go for dramatic effect. You don't want to look like a walking trend.
- Try new things! You might be very good at them. :)
Soooooo, we haven't ordered our bands yet. I know, I know, we're getting a little behind, but we still have a few months. Actually, FI just ordered his! (09/14). Yippee!!! At least FI's made a decision on his!
Tungsten band with yellow gold inlay~
Half eternity channel 14k white gold band (total wt .50)
I spent WAY more than I should have on these, but they're SO perfect!!
And these, too!
My DIY hair flower:
The designs that FMIL made me to choose from for my veil (veil coming soon):
My DIY bracelet and earrings (pic coming soon, FI has the camera!) Here they are, including my DIY foot thong/bottomless sandal:
And unfortunately I can't take a clear pic of my nose stud and tongue ring with mt P&S camera. :(
My DRESS!!!! Mori Lee 'Blu' collection #4523:
UPDATE: Dec 28/10~ I've got my dress!!!
She's a little big in the bust area, a little too long, and I think the boning will need a some reinforcement, but she's so perfect! I can only wish that I looked like the model in the stock photo, but I've gotta say, I really love it.
Please excuse my bland face and lame hair, I was running late this morning!
Not exactly a flattering pic, I'll admit. I actually look pretty slim IRL- my daughter took this pic and told me to "stop sucking your belly in!" but I wasn't!
Here's one where you can see that it's too large in the bust/boob area; it should be WAY more fitted than it is.
This is a 9ft chapel length veil, which is what I thought I wanted (well, really a 6ft, but you get the idea). My MOH and I thought this might be a little overkill, especially if it's windy.
But, the fingertip veil is perfect. :) Just the right length!