Jul 03, 2010
On 10/24/10 I met with a friend for an informal, fun detail shoot! I know I have a bazillion pictures already, but felt I was missing a few details & she was nice enough to take them for me :)
Photos courtesy of loringphoto.com
Some DIY shots :)
* On 7/19/10 (while I was on my HM!) I was chosen to be a PW hostess! I was absolutely ecstatic because I love this community so very much.
Have a question for me? Feel free to head over to the "Ask a Hostess" group and ask me anything...I love to help!
* On 7/27/10 Traci from Real Photography blogged our wedding & here are the kind words she had about our wedding:
Melissa and Derek were married at Red Rocks Park with their reception at Mt Vernon Event Center on July 3rd. If you want unique wedding ideas, Melissa is the girl to talk to!
Their wedding was chalk full of unique details–many of which I hadn’t seen before (and that’s saying something)! I’m saving some pictures for our wedding ideas series that I’m going to start in the fall, but here are just some of the cool details that Melissa had: a quilt for everyone to sign that included some of their engagement photos, custom dress hanger, a flower ceremony in the same theme as a sand ceremony, super cute wedding programs, shoes that her bridesmaids signed in blue, gerber daisy and lime centerpieces, pink uplighting, heart shaped sparklers, and custom matchbooks.
Melissa and Derek love Colorado and wanted a lot of the unique Colorado scenery in their portraits. With their ceremony at Red Rocks Park, it was easy to create some majestic Colorado portraits!
* On 8/16/10 msdl invited me to start off the "Meet Your Hostesses" series in the Newbie Corner group. I love this!! Here is my post:
* On 10/18/10 redwhitebride featured me on her amazing blog as the "stylish bride" of the week! I am so excited & honored :) Check it out:
* On 10/19/10 redwhitebride posted part 2 of my "stylish bride" feature. Check it out too:
* Also on 10/19/10 the fabulous ajfisher blogged about me (and Jaryce21) and the brooch bracelets we bought from her on Etsy. Her words really tugged at my heart strings :) Check it out:
* On 10/26/10 redwhitebride featured me on her blog again! This time she has blogged my RTD :)
* On 12/8/10 my TTD pics were featured on my favorite local blog, Couture Colorado. Check it out:
* On 12/9/10 I received the special honor of Bio of the Week!! I am so, so, so excited :) I was also the first PW member to receive all 15 badges!! It was a great day:
* On 12/29/10 my photographers started off their "Best of 2010" posts. We were selected as the first pic of the "Best of Bride & Groom" pics...I am so excited!!
* On 12/30/10 my photographers made their "Best Shoes of 2010" post & the bottom of my shoes made the cut!
* On 3/28/11 our wedding was featured on Brenda's Wedding Blog...check it out!
* On 5/23/11 I was chosen as PW's Tablescape of the Week! I was completely shocked, and very honored :)
On 9/18/10 I reached my 10,000th post! Here was my monumental post:
I had so much fun during my TTD, that I wanted more! I decided to put my dress on one last time & rock some pictures. *sigh* I hope this brings me some closure, because I am having a hard time grieving over the "loss" of my wedding!
RTD pics courtesy of Dawn Sparks Photography:
Rock the Dress Teasers:
Here are my inspiration pictures for the vibe/look I am hoping to achieve:
RTD Bouquet courtesy of PW's very talented Dreaday!