Sep 05, 2010
I did it! I made the list! ! !
On 05.19.2011 I was given the BIO OF THE WEEK honor. I'm still amazed that my wedding was chosen to represent PW for that week.
Here is a horrible screen shot of the honor:
A HUGE Thank You to everyone that sent toasts, made bio comments, or commented on the thread. It's a honor to be a part of this wonderful community and it's even more of an honor to be serving as a hostess.
There's a few traditions 'round these parts. I figure I'd lump a few of them into one page to inform & encourage others to jump on the tradition bandwagon.
Here's a few traditions:
- License to Wed- take a pic with your FI & your marriage license & post it.
- Sign off- write a lil' shpill & post it in the Main Forum for all to wish you good luck on.
- Wedding Re-Cap- do a write up about your day & include a few teasers & post on the Main Forum for all to swoon over & congratulate.
- Honeymoon Re-Cap- do a write up about your honeymoon with your new DH & post pics for all to be jealous over.
Here's a few milestones:
- 5K/10K/15K/20K/etcK post- do another write up about how much you LOVE PW & have your FI/DH/SO do one as well & post on the Main Forum.
- Hostess- when given the honor to serve as a PW hostess, make a post on the Main Forum announcing your recent accomplishment.
- Badges- feel free to make an AW post on the Main Forum about any recent badges you've acquired. Don't forget to update the badge list!
If you aren't aware, my DH is a fireman for LA City. It is a long standing tradition to "core" the cake when it comes to a wedding, a birthday, a graduation, engagement, blah blah all those things that we consider special. A couple of the firemen will go over to the cake and have a few stand in front of it to block one person. That one person takes a champagne glass, a wine goblet, a water glass, a bowl, a spoon, or whatever they can get their hands on and SHOVES it in the cake. They then remove whatever it is that was used to create the hole and abandon it at the celebrant's seat with the piece of the cake that was removed.
Our wedding cake was not spared. It was cored within minutes of the guests entering the reception room. After our first dance, we sat down at our table and 2 of DH's best firemen buddies came up to congratulate us. After I gave them both a hug, I sat back down and saw the champagne flute at my seat that was filled with the cake. Then when the guys were walking away, they yelled back "THE CAKE WAS DELICIOUS!"
Those silly firemen!!
Here are some shots of the cake with the hole in it. Our photog tried to cover it with a rose petal and then placed our rings on it to take some pics. That's why there is a rose petal in the hole.
We agreed that we were not going to get each other gifts for the wedding day. We instead decided that we were going to take a trip back to San Francisco [where we got engaged], stay at the same hotel, eat dinner at the same Italian restaurant, and do all the things we didn't have time to do when we were there last.
If you're torn on a gift, I recommend a quick weekend trip to somewhere special. We had a blast and it was nice to return to SF as a married couple. ((:
But because DH is such a sweet man, he bought a canvas and some red ink, took the stamp we used to embellish our invites and other wedding related items, and wrote me the sweetest message on the canvas. Then he brought it to the venue and had my girls sit me down and give it to me.
Here are some pics from that moment: