Jun 02, 2013
It feels like ages but we're still not married yet. Which gives me more time to plan, right? (Please agree!)
Loverboy got a weird sickness - although now we're wondering if the diagnosis is right as nothing seems to help it, so we're trying to wait until he gets better....or at least somewhat better.
The Good Things
- Loverboy watched a show (uh, Hotel Impossible to be precise) and has decided his dream is to marry me in the favorite place he lived: La Jolla. (Not so sure we'll choose the hotel from the show though.)
- This means he is WAY more actively involved in planning. (This might not end up being so great hahaha)
- More time to finish DIYs - yay! Especially as there's so much I want to do myself.
- One of my gal pals just moved to LA so I have someone to assist in DIYs!
- What represents us has developed more - It's way easier to know what truly defines who we are together.
- Did I mention more time to do DIYS? Because that was seriously stressing me out before, and is way more relieving now.
- We're still not married.
- Everyone keeps asking us when we're getting married. Chill out peeps!
- I have more time to spend on Pinterest finding new DIYs/new things that would be oh-so-perfect for us
- He now wants to get married in one of the priciest places of LA. Ack!
I'm really going for a fairytale feel, and I think I finally focused it, thanks to the help of a friend. There is an Italian fairytale, very similar to Snow White, only using pomegranates - and viola!
The ceremony will be outside, ideally somewhere lush that needs no other decorations.
Reception, also outside, partially at night.
With gold, pink and a wine (pomegranate?) themed reception. Ideally going for a sophisticated fairytale theme, I think revolving around pomegranates and vintage gold keys.
(Above pics from Style Me Pretty)
(Love this gorgeous casual yet sophisticated fairytale feel!)
With a few subtle wine touches...
(I can't remember where all the pics are from...if you happen to know, send me a message and I'll add that in!)
Whew, I guess this is overdue.
The Fiance and I
We met last Fall through a mutual friend. Unfortunately it was a long distance thing, often causing seven hour phone calls that lasted all night. It's been a whirlwind of storybook passion and intensity, reaching the peak when I flew cross country to stay for a week/figure out exactly where this thing was going. We figured out precisely as I rounded the corner at LAX. For him, time stopped as he thought, "I'm going to marry her"...and for me, time flew as I walked? ran? into his arms.
Hey, give a girl a break, it was a long flight. I might not have had eloquent thoughts,
but I knew.
I really wanted Pink and Gold...and although he wouldn't protest (much), I figured adding a third color would
- make him happy
- make it a bit more sophisticated, and less fluffy fairytale
- incorporate one of his passions: Wine!
Enchanted Forest. Fairytale grown up. Or maybe better classified as a wine fairytale? LOL. It all seems so clear in my mind, but it seems less so as I try to describe it. Inspiration pics below!