Oct 31, 2008
I gave these to my parents the morning of the wedding:
I gave this one to my Mom.
And gave this one to my Dad.
For our tables I chose a chocolate brown satin pintuck linen with gold chiavari chairs and a natural branch centerpiece. The chargers were gold and silver and the placecards I made were at every seat with pashminas on every female guests chair.
We sent these out to all our guests and our vendors, they were made on VistaPrint.com. I had a group photo site through Shutterfly and made cards at the wedding instructing guests to upload pics there. Once I got my pro pics on CD I uploaded them there as well. The cards listed the website so people could see the pro and non-pro pics!
Since the timing worked out, I also sent out photo Christmas cards from Shutterfly to all our extended family and friends that couldn't make it to the wedding - I put wedding pics on it and the photo website with password.
Our First Dance:
Currently by Keaton Simons
Me and Dad:
I Loved Her First by Heartland
Him and his Mom:
Through the Years by Kenny Rogers
Some IPOD Playlist Highlights from our Reception Dinner:
- At Last ~ Etta James
- You're my Best Freind ~ Queen
- This Magic Moment ~ The Drifters
- Love and Marriage ~ Frank Sinatra
- Have You Ever Really Loved a Woman ~ Bryan Adams
- Grow Old with You ~ Adam Sandler
- Come Away with Me ~ Nora Jones
- Kiss the Girl ~ Disney (from the little mermaid)
- Somewhere Over the Rainbow ~ Israel K
- I Cross my Heart ~ George Straight
- Cupid ~ Sam Cooke
- Just a Gigolo ~ Louis Prima
- I Can't Help Falling in Love with You ~ UB40
- Everything ~ Michael Buble
- Me and Mrs. Jones ~ Billy Paul
- That's Amore ~ Dean Martin
- Crazy Little Thing Called Love ~ Queen
- I'm Yours ~ Jason Mraz
- Someone Like You ~ Van Morrison
- Moon River ~ Andy Williams
- My Girl ~ The Tempations
- Save The Last Dance for Me ~ Michael Buble
We did magnets as our save-the-dates. I ordered them from www.agiftfulheart.com
We held the rehearsal dinner for every guest invited since it was a small destination wedding in Asheville, NC. The place we chose was called "The Fiddlin' Pig" and it was so much fun! We had family style dinner and they have a bluegrass band that plays every night on stage. I thought a version of BBQ was appropriate for the rehearsal since NC is kinda know for their BBQ!
Here's some pics:
Vinny and his older sister
Vinny and his mom
My dad on the right and FIL on the left.
My mom giving a little speech explaining her gift to us - a painting she did that she felt embodied the reading I chose for her that she read during our ceremony. It was really cool!
All of us!