Nov 01, 2008
My inspiration was this great Thank You Card designed by The Eggplant on weddingbee.com. I had them printed by PsPrint.com.
Both cakes were created by Maria of www.thecakediva.net. The four tiered wedding cake consisted of two flavors: the ultimate wedding cake and lemon (on the 3rd only - DH's fave) and is topped with a buttercream icing.
The groom's cake is "that" chocolate cake finished in a light coat of dark chocolate ganache and emblazoned with a large golden edible fleur de lis (Go Saints!).
Both have edible pearls.
I ordered Stardream Metallic Text Weight Paper in Bronze from Paper-Papers. The fonts are Scriptina and Pristina.
What is a fall wedding without caramel apples?
I was a little worried about buying from an online vendor, so I asked our caterer. She made them for $1.25 each! It would have been wise to order some without the nuts, but everyone seemed to enjoy them.
And for the non-festive, caramel apple haters (you see where my heart lies - lol), we also placed ghirardelli caramel chocolate squares in brown and gold favor boxes.
We're both supercasual goofballs and I wanted us to be comfortable at our reception. So we decided to have a "heavy hors d'oeuvres" buffet reception. We chose a lovely banquet hall at my father's alma mater. We had to nix the alcohol; it's a private, Christian college but that was a "small price to pay to the party gods" because the food was sinfully delicious!
- Mini crabcakes with remolaude sauce and roasted garlic aioli
- Blue cheese cranberry torte, goat cheese torte, honey and pear torte
- Spinach parmesan dip with homemade toasted bread and pico de gallo with tortilla chips
- Garlic lime shrimp skewers, chili garlic beef skewers, blackened chicken skewers with praline cream
- Barbecue shrimp with smoked gouda cheese grits
- Garlic and herb roasted fingerling and red bliss potatoes
- Cranberry iced tea (gotta love the south!)
- Hot cider (gotta love the Fall!)
I had never heard of BBQ shrimp and smoked gouda grits, but I thought it would be interesting to try during our tasting. My soul cried!!!! It's life changingly good. Who would've thought!