Oct 22, 2011
So our venue is a one stop shop. But it's also a college campus. So I decided to order directional signs to give our guest direction from the chapel to the cocktail hour and reception. I also opted on a parking sign as well. I decided to order from a vendor on ebay. each signed cost $18.00 and came can can be customized with your wedding colors. They turned out great
Fi and I have been together for 7 years, we have a 5 yr old son and Fi has a 11 year old from a previous relationship. I am a Business System Analyst for a large health care insurance provider.
Hershey Kiss Topiary Tree
So I was looking for a few creative centerpieces for my candy buffet. My colors are Navy, marigold and ivory.
I was in ACMoore an saw a Topiary foam tree. So my creative juices started flowing. How would this look if I covered it with candy? hummmm........
I decided attempt to cover it with gold Hershey kisses
- 2 bags of Hershey's kisses with almonds (Walmart)
- 1 Topiary tree foam (ACMoore)
- 1 can of gold spray paint. (it's best to spray the foam the color of the candy you intend to use so if it's gaps in your application you won't see the color of the foam
- 1 vase (note: I will be covering the base of the tree with navy blue gum balls)
- Spray paint the tree, including the stem ( let dry for 5-10 minutes)
- Apply the ribbon to the stem
- Apply a thin layer of glue to the crown / top of the ball
- let the glue stand a few minutes until it's tacky
- Begin applying the Hershey kiss to the top of the ball starting in the center.
- Work your way around the ball in a circular motions until your at the bottom of the ball ( Note: applying glue as needed )
- once your finished let the cure overnight
- Add the tree to the vase and fill with the candy of your choic
(note: I haven't completed step number 7 yet but, I will be filling my vase with blue gumballs)
The finish product should look something like this
Flavors we Tasted
- Lemon butter pound
- Traditional butter pound
- Sour Cream butter pound
- Raspberry butter pound
- Chocolate chip butter pound
5 tier round cake, with alternating tiers of lemon butter pound and traditional butter pound with lemon butter icing. Decorated with fresh blueberries and yellow lilies