Apr 19, 2013
Ever since FI found out about pictures of my dress being posted on here he's been snooping so all my bio's are private as long as your active with bios, posts, and photos. I accept all friend requests!
This was trial one of my garter, I'm waiting on the blue lace ribbon I ordered now so I can do trial 2.
This is one of the 8 pompadour balls I've made. I have burlap ribbon to replace with the white ribbon but its not going ton until closer to the day because i don't want it to fray.
With or With out the twine What do you think?
I will be adding yellow craspedia to all the centerpieces as well.
I can't decide if i want to wrap the boxes in twine like in the second photo.
I guess you could call almost my whole wedding DIY
Burlap Table Cloths
10-12 Months Before
- Introduce both families and officially announce your engagement.
- Find out who pays for what and start a budget.
- Create a guest list.
- Compare calendars and select a tentative date.
- Choose your wedding party.
- Create a wedding website to share your engagement.
- Start looking photos of wedding dresses for inspiration.
- Begin thinking about where you want to honeymoon.
- Visit and book your reception site, and arrange for parking.
- Visit and book your ceremony location, including rehearsal time.
- Create a save-the-date guest list.
6- 9 Months Before
- Alert out-of-town guests of wedding date.
- Find a bridal salon and begin trying on wedding dresses and veils. Bring stockings, heels, a strapless bra, and a hair clip to each appointment.
- Get ideas for honeymoon locations and research pricing.
- Start looking at floral designs and interview florists for style and cost.
- Search for menu ideas and start meeting with caterers.
- Research wedding photography and interview wedding photographers/videographers.
- Get ideas for music and interview bands/DJs.
- Finalize flower and décor ideas, and select a florist. Include specifics of each floral arrangement in your contract.
- Sign a caterer.
- Order your gown and wedding veil.
- Shop for and select the perfect bridesmaid dress.
- Finalize contracts with your wedding photographer and videographer.
- Browse and purchase wedding dress accessories, including shoes, lingerie, purse, and gloves.
- Choose your officiant and discuss ceremony ideas.
- Start thinking about all of your gift registry options.
4 - 5 Months Before
- View wedding invitation styles and research proper wording.
- Look at photos to get ideas for wedding cake designs, and meet with bakers to taste samples.
- Discuss menu ideas with your catering manager.
- Shop for wedding rings.
- Look for the groom’s tux and decide what groomsmen will wear.
- Confirm your bridesmaids ordered their gowns and decide on accessories.
- Have your mother and future mother-in-law coordinate and select their dresses.
- Compare pricing, place your wedding invitation order, and book your calligrapher.
- Purchase your wedding rings and send for engraving if applicable.
- Get ideas for wedding favors.
- Confirm dates for bridal showers and bachelorette parties.
- Make sure you’ve started your registries before bridal shower invitations are sent.
- Choose your baker and finalize wedding cake.
- Reserve rental equipment such as chairs, tables, linens, tents, etc.
- Research and book your rehearsal dinner location.
- Get ideas for wedding hair and makeup.
- Give your guest list to shower hostesses and check that your registry has enough items. Update wedding website.
2 - 3 Months Before
- Book makeup artist and hairstylist.
- Order your wedding favors.
- Consider signing up for dance classes.
- Schedule your last tasting and finalize menu.
- Find gifts for each other, your attendants, your shower hostess, and your parents.
- Confirm tuxes have been ordered for groom/groomsmen.
- Prep for your honeymoon – do you have everything you need?
- Choose your getaway! Finalize wedding transportation.
- Take care of business: Look into joint bank accounts, insurance, and merging your money.
- Select your music for the ceremony, cocktail hour, and reception, and review with musicians, singers.
- Check that there are enough options left on your registry, and update your wedding website.
- Finalize rehearsal dinner plans and order rehearsal invitations, menus, table numbers, escort cards, and any other stationery accessories.
- Mail invitations twelve weeks before your wedding day.
1 - 2 Months Before
- Have your first bridal gown fitting. Remember to bring stockings, shoes, the appropriate bra, hair accessories, jewelry, a camera, and your mom or best friend.
- Finalize ceremony readings and songs, and review with performers.
- Meet with your officiant to finalize the ceremony, including attendant formations.
- Begin writing your vows if applicable.
- Begin writing thank-you notes for bridal showers and early wedding gifts, and update your registry at the same time.
- Research where to get your marriage license.
- Prepare a photo and video shot list, naming important family members and guests.
- Begin whitening your teeth for your wedding day.
3 - 4 Weeks Before
- Finalize your jewelry, which may include something old, something new, something borrowed, and something blue.
- Prepare a must-have shot list for your wedding photographer and videographer.
- Finalize your “must play” and “don’t play” music lists and review with musicians.
- Practice your first dance wearing your bridal shoes.
- Design and order your wedding program.
- Confirm honeymoon and travel arrangements, and give loved ones your itinerary in case of emergency.
- Call guests who haven’t RSVP’d.
- Pick up your wedding rings.
- Get your marriage license, typically no earlier than 30 days before the wedding.
- Research how to change your name.
- Mail your rehearsal-dinner invitations.
- Purchase small candles, candies, and mints for your guest powder room.
- Meet with your stylist to discuss and test the perfect makeup and hair for your bridal style.
1 - 2 Weeks Before
- Have your final wedding gown fitting.
- Finalize your wedding-day schedule (including receiving-line order) and share with attendants, parents, and all vendors.
- Confirm all of your beauty appointments.
- Confirm pick-up times, schedules, and addresses with your wedding-day transportation.
- Pick up your wedding dress and make sure all of your accessories are together.
- Pick up the groom’s outfit, make sure it fits, and gather all of his accessories together.
- Finalize your vows for the ceremony.
- Get your hair colored and trimmed (don’t wait until two days before the ceremony).
- Confirm final headcount.
- Give final attendance numbers to vendors and confirm final date/time for deliverables and pick-ups after wedding.
- Pack for your wedding night and honeymoon.
- Create a “wedding box” to gather your ceremony accessories (marriage license, candles, ring pillow, basket, guest book) and assign someone to transport.
- Prepare a “reception box” for accessories such as guest books, cameras, toasting goblets, cake toppers, etc., and assign someone to transport.
- Prepare all of your wedding favors for transportation to reception venue and assign someone to move them.
- Finalize your seating arrangements (making sure you involve both sets of parents) and submit to caterer.
- Prepare place cards.
- Confirm dates/times/locations for all photo and video sessions the day of the wedding.
- Confirm dates/times/locations with all vendors.
The Day Before
- Prepare a list of payment envelopes – including tips – earmarking who is responsible for distributing to vendors.
- Hand out assignment lists and checklists to ensure everyone knows their tasks, including person responsible for transporting gifts.
- Hand out ceremony box to appropriate person.
- Hand out reception box to appropriate person.
- Hand out favor box to appropriate person.
- Assign someone to mail your announcement cards.
- Gather together your wedding dress, accessories, and bridal emergency kit.
- Get a manicure, pedicure, and massage.
- Rehearse ceremony with officiant and wedding party.
The Wedding Day
- Your day has arrived! You may be nervous, but try to eat breakfast and drink plenty of fluids.
- Take a lavender bath – it’s very relaxing.
- Be sure to wear a button-down shirt for your hair and makeup appointments.
After the Wedding
- Get your wedding dress cleaned and preserved.
- Write and mail your thank-you notes.
- Complete your name-change kit.
- Check into your store’s bridal registry completion program.
- Meet with photographer and videographer to finalize albums/video.
Room Fees- $1800
Table and Chair Rentals- $200 (estimated)
- Cloths- $65 (estimated)
- Runners- $40
- Ceremony (balls, and hooks)- $70 (estimated but made already)
- Signs- $15 (estimated)
- Centerpieces- $200 (estimated)
- Signs- $15 (estimated)
Apparel and Beauty
- Dress- $265
- Shoes- Gift from FMIL
- Garter- $10 (estimated but made already)
- Head Piece-Borrowed
- Alterations- $50 (estmaited)
Grooms Vest and Shoes- $50 (estimated)
Groomsman Vest and Shoes- $50 (estimated)
Wedding Rings- $200 (estimated)
Hair and Make-up $75
- Tip $10
- Engagement Pics- Won
- Wedding Pics- $1500
- Save the Dates $40
- Postage $8
- Invitations $50
- Postage $20 (estimated)
- Guest Frame $20 (estimated)
- Tip $20
- Tip $15
- Catering $250
- Cake $100
- Boxes, napkins, cups $60 (estimated)
- Bridesmaid $30 (estimated but paid)
- Groomsman $20 (estimated)
Strike through means paid off
Underline means partially paid
From Brides Parents $5000
From Us $1500