May 04, 2013
Our rehearsal dinner will be held only 30 minutes away from our venue at my FIs aunts and uncles house.
I want to start my day of being a bride as early as possible so I am going to wear a nice and casual white lace dress.
I'm a hairstyist, and you would be surprised, but I actually do not want my hair done up all fancy. I want to be recognized by my fiance. I'm envisioning some loose curls, down with a headband of jewelry. The jewelry is going to be a gold chain that has a very unique pattern that belonged to my great grandmother.
I definately want the classic smokey eye and nude lip.
I want something neutral, like the American manicure (as opposed to the French manicure - pink and white) which is beige and soft white tips. And, of course, in Shellac.
I started looking for inspiration of brides in glasses because I cannot imagine not wearing my signature specs on my wedding day!
I'm already quite tall (5'8"!!!) and I am my fiance's height when I wear high heels! So I am going to stick with low, comfortable Toms! In a lovely lace.
Ceremony 5:30 - 6:00
Iron & Wine – The Trapeze Swinger
Bridesmaids - Iron & Wine – Boy With A Coin
Bride - Sigur Ros - Með Suð Í Eyrum
Iron & Wine – Lovesong of a Buzzard
Reception 6:00 - 11:00
6:00 - 7:30 - jazz, cocktail, and hors d’ouevres hour & posed photographs at the same time
7:30 - 8:30 - dinner & toasts with lo-fi indie music hour
9:00 - first dance & daughter/father dance, mother/son dance
9:30 - everyone dances to fanfarra with carnival dancers
9:30 - 10:00 - dancing with oldies, classic dance music
10:00 - 10:30 - pie cutting, desserts, and bouquet hand off
10:30- 11:30 - dancing
Cocktail hour with Jazz:
- Dave Brubeck, Miles Davis, John Coltrane, Django Reinhardt, Frank Sinatra, Edith Piaf, Serge Gainsbourg, Jacques Brel, Yann Tiersen, Ella Fitzgerald
- Bride & Groom: old French song like La Javanaise by Beirut or Serge Gainsbourg, Air - Playground Love, The Penguins - Earth Angel, Conal Fowkes - Let's Do It (let's fall in love)
- & Fanfarra by Sergio Mendes with carnival dancers
- Bride & Father: perhaps If Not For You by Bob Dylan
- Groom & Mother:
- The Beatles, Rolling Stones, The Cure, Bob Dylan, Siousxie and the Banshees, New Order
Dinner with indie:
- Iron & Wine, Braids, The Swell Season, Sufjan Stevens, Beirut, Rilo Kiley, The Shins, Eisley, Feist, Lykke Li, Fleet Foxes, The Arcade Fire, Couer de Pirate, The Decemberists, Detektivbyran, Jose Gonzalez, Neutral Milk Hotel, Temper Trap, Wilco, Cat Power, Mumford & Sons
- MGMT, MIA, Passion Pit, Phoenix, Yelle, Crystal Castles, Friendly Fires, Kings of Leon, Vampire Weekend, The Strokes, Yeah Yeah Yeahs, Daft Punk, Justice, Goldfrapp, Wolf Parade, Kanye West, Kid Cudi, Gorillaz, The Black Keys, Santogold
It's decided! We will be having our wedding ceremony and reception at the Winter Park Farmer's Market! The building is a former train depot! With all the inspiring photos and decorations of weddings there like Dayna & Ian's & PW's very own TimilyL, I couldn't help but fantasize about it too.
We waited a week after getting engaged to tell people. I called my family and close friends right away, but we waited a week in order to announce it to his side of the family in person, on his graduation day!
After the graduation ceremony we all came back to our apartment, his brother, parents, grandparents, and both sets of aunts and uncles. He made an announcement thanking everyone for coming, and told them that the weekend before, we got engaged!
Our engagement picnic celebration the day after we got engaged: