Nov 26, 2011
I am extremely fortunate for many, many reasons.
1. I have finally found the perfect man for me, and he's willing to try marriage again. :-)
2. My aunt is a seamstress, and is making a dress for me that will fit me like a glove (if I can lose a few lbs)
3. My cousin is making my cake - and her cakes are delicious!
4. A friend is doing the flowers, and has complete artistic license - they will be beautiful!
5. My mother is still around (in better shape than me), and is not only paying for most things, but is taking charge! She is also making my future stepdaughter's dress.
6. My brother and sister-in-law came to the venue and created a complete layout of the room for me, complete with tables I can move around to see what will work best. They will also be setting up a photo shoot for me, my fiance, and his 2 kids - AND making a canvas people can sign at the wedding! Oh, and they printed out ALL of my invitations and RSVP cards.
7. My photographer and DJ both have normal, day jobs, and do weddings on the side - so they are affordable. They will do an AWESOME job!
8. My aunts and cousins and friends will be helping with most of the food - the meat will be cooked by vendors. Relatives will also help with decorations.
9. Mom and I bought TONS of fall decorations at the end of the season last year - lots of glittery pumpkins. They will be obnoxious, and perfect!
10. The engagement was long enough for me to pay for some things along the way, and not have to go into too much debt to get married.
11. A man that has known me since I was in the womb will be marrying us - Yay, Bob!